Thoughts for Thursday

They've been a lot of posts lately about being a mom and being stressed and always trying to do the best that we can when being pulled in 50 gazillion different directions! I've been reading stuff like this all over the place! And believe me, I can totally relate and often feel the exact same way!
My question to all of you out there is this though........What do you to for YOURSELF? What do you do when you have 30 minutes (or more, or less) to yourself without a baby or kid or a husband? Do you hop in the car like me and if it's a nice day, roll the windows down and blare the music while singing as loud as you can? Are you like me and love to burn a few $$ on scratch tickets trying to hit it big while not telling the husband? Do you go unwind by getting a manicure or a pedicure? Do you aimlessly cruise the aisle of Target filling up a cart to only end up having to put more than half of it back before checking out? (I do!)
So what is it? What is your guilty little pleasure that you like to do for yourself when you have even 30 seconds of personal time?
I'm totally due for some personal time!

Some other Thoughts for Thursday reading:
Amy
Nicole
Jenny
Kristi
Jenny


And if you've got a Thought for Thursday on your blog and you'd like me to add your link, give me a shout :)

jenny  – (October 25, 2007 at 2:36 PM)  

oh i crave my own time.

a few things i do when alone: go to the tanning bed (sorry, i'll look crusty when i'm older but i don't care - it's warm and makes me feel good), blog, play with photoshop, go for a walk, do nothing, do my nails...but half of that never happens because i can't get a second alone!

oh, my time alone is when i'm not carpooling and i drive 30 minutes to work with the tunes blaring and the windows down! :)

Amy  – (October 25, 2007 at 4:48 PM)  

i love driving in my car alone with the radio blaring. that's the only time i can do it.

my runs and my exercise class are really important to me right now.
that is what keeps me sane!!!

i think it's a bit easier for me to do this stuff now, as my boys are a bit older. when they were babies i always felt guilty leaving them with john or family(though he NEVER minded)

Jenny  – (October 25, 2007 at 10:26 PM)  

I'm doing TFT, too - you are more than welcome to add my link. When I have time for myself, I like to take a hot bath and take a good book and a glass of wine with me.
Obviously this is just for the night time. During the day, if I have a half hour to myself when Acadia is asleep, I like to blog, catch up on my books/mags, call my girlfriends.

Zoe  – (October 25, 2007 at 11:53 PM)  

time alone???? wtf is that??? i can't even take a pee alone!

Anonymous –   – (October 26, 2007 at 10:20 AM)  

I love going to Target or to the grocery store on my own. It is so nice. This is stupid, but I get allergy shots. I Love going there on my own, as well. I will pick up a Starbuck's prior and go get my shot, wait my 20 minutes while reading the latest People. I don't ever treat myself to Spa stuff. I probably should. I do get my hair cut every six weeks. I guess that counts.

Great topic.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP