I love that dirty snow.............Boston you're my home

NOT!
(omg I just said NOT! How lame!)
Any who............driving through Boston on a good day, is a nightmare for me. Driving through Boston with dirty snow every where is well.............the worst nightmare I could have!

I HATE IT!

My work is located in South Boston (Southie) which is just about 3/4 of a mile from Downtown Boston. Good Will Hunting, The Departed and Mystic River were filmed in Southie. (There are a lot more movies coming too because I see the movie crews filming daily!) It's a grid like neighborhood full of triple deckers (some really gorgeous ones too!) with NO parking.

Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Everyone parks on the street because there are no driveways or garages. So when it snows........it's like a free for all out there! The already narrow streets become one laners. I feel like I should decorate my car with bumpers on every side with bright reflectors!

I really need to try to take a picture of this mess some time this week! Since there are no "assigned" parking spaces on the street, when it snows, people claim their parking territory! They shovel out their territory and then it is "theirs". How is it theirs? Well they mark it. With chairs, sun chairs, trash cans, diaper boxes, broken stuff, childrens fisher-price fred flinstone cars, you name it! It's quite a sight..........a trashy sight that is!

And don't even get me started about the kids from the projects that throw snowballs at the moving cars. I've been victim to this twice before and both times I thought I was being shot at! Yeah, it's scary!

Happy Days  – (December 19, 2007 at 9:17 AM)  

ugh! Mary, when Donald lived there somebody used to claim their spot on his street with an old toilet!! crazy, crazy!!! Hang in there! spring is comming!!!

Anonymous –   – (December 19, 2007 at 8:12 PM)  

It would scare the crap out of me if someone threw a snowball at my car. Yikes. :)

Trixie Twatwaffle  – (December 19, 2007 at 9:07 PM)  

I love Boston. LOVE. IT.

My brother and SIL lived there and I loved to go and visit. And my sister did too, actually.

Hubby and I are trying to plan a tirp up there this spring. My brother and his wife are still up there on Cape Cod.

Zoe  – (December 19, 2007 at 10:04 PM)  

god i love boston. any where but michigan...the snow is dirty here too and if you were driving by the projects in detroit it would be gunfire!

girlymom  – (December 20, 2007 at 8:49 AM)  

I can't imagine having to make my spot like that everyday. It makes my little one lane broken cement driveway look good!

Anonymous –   – (August 11, 2010 at 7:15 PM)  

Amiable post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP