Stubble

Last night I was still at my sister's with her kids and Thomas. I was getting them all ready for bed. Thomas and Matt had a tub together and John took a shower. He's getting pretty independent now and favors taking a shower over a bath. He does everything himself but just has you get the water ready for him. So here I am, sitting on the edge of the tub with my hand in the water waiting for it to hit just the right temperature. Then out of no where John says to me, with the straightest face ever "um, Mary............do you think I need to shave tonight?" I did everything I could to compose myself. I turned away for a sec and turned back. And he says "Really, I do shave." Out of the corner of my eye I see a toy/pretend razor on the side of the tub with Star Wars shaving cream/soap. With a straight face as serious as I could, I said "No, I don't think you need to tonight. You look good." He replied "Okay."
John is only 7 and a 1/2.

Trixie Twatwaffle  – (December 3, 2007 at 10:18 PM)  

Love it!!!

And a red-head? From a woman who married a red-head - he's a future heartbreaker!!!

Amy  – (December 3, 2007 at 11:28 PM)  

he's a character. btw, matt threw you under the bus!!! lol

Amy  – (December 3, 2007 at 11:28 PM)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous –   – (December 4, 2007 at 7:01 AM)  

Too cute. What an adorable picture, too.

Michelle Leigh  – (December 4, 2007 at 8:58 AM)  

That's hilarious. Way to keep your composure!

Beth  – (December 4, 2007 at 11:33 AM)  

so sweet!.....i guess this is what us mommas of boys have to look forward to!

Happy Days  – (December 4, 2007 at 2:18 PM)  

He really is a love! He is still so innocent and I love that about him!!!!

Zoe  – (December 4, 2007 at 3:27 PM)  

HA!!! bet he had you worried for a while!

Anonymous –   – (December 4, 2007 at 7:40 PM)  

Ohh that is so cute! I love it when they try to act "older".

Kellan  – (December 4, 2007 at 10:51 PM)  

How cute - the conversation and the adorable picture. See you soon. Kellan

Maria  – (December 4, 2007 at 11:00 PM)  

Hey I have a John who is 7 1/2 and I could totally see him saying the same thing. I love it! BTW, when is his bday? My John's is June 29.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP