The longest mile....

of my life! Well it was actually a mile and a quarter.............of RUNNING!
Okay people, I really need some blog love for this one, seriously. Comments, motivation, accountability. I'm asking all of you out there to push me!
I tried this over the summer and I failed miserably. But after reading Maria, and hearing about Amy always out running, well, it got me motivated!
So tonight I bumped up my usual treadmill walk up to a run. To my amazement a did a straight 1.25 miles of running! The most I got up to this summer was 2 miles. And then it got hot out and I got lazy. No excuses right now. I have a treadmill and a heated garage so the weather CAN NOT be an excuse! I'm going for it! If you help me, I'll help you :)

And because I hate posts without pictures, here's the grumpy side of my lil man. His shirt reads "Troublemaker is my middle name." Oh how fitting as of lately!

Zoe  – (January 8, 2008 at 9:39 PM)  

you go girl!!! oh, i can't believe he is a troublemaker!!!! no way!

Kimberly Scott  – (January 8, 2008 at 10:01 PM)  

oh i love this...thanks for taking the time to read my blog:) and i am crossing my fingers for tommorow.

BUT this helped because that picture is classic. my son has a shirt that says "rascal" and he told his preschool teacher it said his name. he was right:)

great blog!

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs}  – (January 9, 2008 at 2:19 AM)  

I really wish I had a treadmill. the weather is always my biggest excuse! And not a good one at that!

Wonderful World of Weiners  – (January 9, 2008 at 8:44 AM)  

Will you run up here to Maine to motivate my lazy butt?

I LOVE that pic of little man. :-)

Hallie

Maria  – (January 9, 2008 at 10:07 AM)  

I'm glad to hear I was actually a motivation! I need more motivation too! I'll go running today. Love the pic!

Anonymous –   – (January 9, 2008 at 10:12 AM)  

You ran a mile and a quarter?? That is AMAZING! You are a ROCK STAR!

Anonymous –   – (January 9, 2008 at 10:19 AM)  

GREAT JOB! Keep up the good work, I need to get my butt moving something terrible! Every year I say the same thing and every year I seem to find excuses for not doing it. This will be the year for both of us! :)

girlymom  – (January 9, 2008 at 2:36 PM)  

I give you soooo much credit, I haven't been in the RUN mode in a few years! Years- yikes I can't believe I said that! Congrats to you and good luck. Darn, now I am all motivated. We have an elliptical machine, I made it through 12 uninterupted minutes yesterday, I am hoping to get to 30 minutes without someone needing something. *sigh*

Kellan  – (January 9, 2008 at 3:11 PM)  

I loved what WWofW said - run up here to Maine - ACK!! Me too - run down here to Texas! Good for you! And keep it up.

Cute picture! See ya. Kellan

Anonymous –   – (January 9, 2008 at 4:20 PM)  

Yeah Mary! That is wonderful, and it can only get better from here, right? I think the only way I could run that distance would be if a very large dog were chasing me with a bottle of ketchup.

jenny  – (January 10, 2008 at 1:35 PM)  

now you've motivated me! i'll get - running - on it tonight! :) good job mary!

Beth  – (January 11, 2008 at 11:16 AM)  

GREAT picture! i love the way you edited it! oh, and you go on with your running......

Kellan  – (January 12, 2008 at 8:32 PM)  

Hi Mary - thanks for stopping by - hope you have a great weekend. Kellan

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP