Think Different


I have been tagged by girlymom at The Red Door to think differently about something.

Here goes.....
About a month or two ago I decided I needed an attitude adjustment about my daily drives to and from work. Ever since Thomas was born and I went back to work I've felt like it's "rush here and rush there." "Quick! I have to drop Thomas off so I can get to work by such and such a time and then leave at this time and then be there to pick him up at that time. rush rush rush." It was beginning to make me CRAZY! I would end up yelling in my car at anyone that got in my way. I had NO patience. Then I would get home at night and be completely jiggy and grumpy. So that's when I decided to think differently about it and not be so up tight. Why rush? What's the point? Sure, I want to get home as soon as possible. Sure I'd like to get to Thomas as soon as I can because I miss not being with him during the day. But really, is it worth it to get myself all worked up about it?!?!

No it's not. And that's how I'm thinking these days.

Too much along my drive to work is out of my control. About the only thing I CAN control is what time I leave the house in the morning. All the other stuff..........the traffic from the accident at the split.........nothing I can do about it. The jerk that's weaving in and ouf of lanes and making everyone hit the brakes..........there's nothing I can do about it. The kids crossing the street in front of the high school...........again, have patiences for there's nothing I can do about it.

I'll get there when I get there:)

Here are the rules for this meme:

Write a new blog post about thinking differently. State that the post is a part of the Think Different Challenge and include a link and/ or trackback to this post so that readers know the rules of the challenge. Feel free to use the above banner (inspired, of course, by Seth Godin). Include a link and/ or trackback to the blogger who tagged you.At the end of your post, go ahead and tag some fellow bloggers. Don’t forget to let them know they have been tagged.

I'm tagging:

Lisa at Happy Days

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada  – (January 17, 2008 at 1:23 PM)  

Good advice...I hope I can control myself when in the car...I HATE traffic and get worked up about it sometimes too! Good thing I don't have too far to go and can get on the road before it gets to bad....

Amy  – (January 17, 2008 at 1:32 PM)  

you mean i actually have to change MY way of thinking. ha ha ha i'll get to that!

Amy  – (January 17, 2008 at 1:32 PM)  

you mean i actually have to change MY way of thinking. ha ha ha i'll get to that!

jenny  – (January 17, 2008 at 3:11 PM)  

oh lord. looks like i have homework for tonight. :)

kim-d  – (January 17, 2008 at 3:43 PM)  

Hi Mary~~I "found" you over on Kellan's blog and have spent the last way-too-long amount of time reading back to the beginning of your blog. Which I love! Not in a strange, stalker-like way or anything, but enough that I will be back everyday. And since I always seem to have something to say, I can't help but comment. So I just wanted you to know who this stranger is. So happy to have found you!!! Thomas? Oh, SO precious :)!

Misty  – (January 17, 2008 at 7:28 PM)  

Now, this is a better way of thinking I think we can ALL benefit from.....

Misty  – (January 17, 2008 at 7:29 PM)  

PS: In The Mystic is one of my ALL time favorite songs!

Wonderful World of Weiners  – (January 17, 2008 at 9:22 PM)  

I like your "different" way of thinking. And I like how this meme makes us stop and think. The "fluff" kind are fun but I like seeing how people brainstorm harder topics.

Glad you enjoyed the vids!

Hallie

Zoe  – (January 21, 2008 at 12:12 AM)  

i know if i get everything ready the night before and get up on time my morning is way less hectic and then i don't want to run some one off the road and give them the finger. sadly i rarely manage to do that though...

girlymom  – (January 21, 2008 at 2:43 PM)  

You make a really good point about traffic! I will have to remember that next time I am in a hurry- heck what am I talking about, I am always late. :)

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP