Warning: Lame post below

I've been MIA on my blog for a few days. Sunday and Monday were spent nursing a migraine. Tuesday night was a recovery night and early to bed night. Today I'm back! (Although I'm still not feeling very bloggy.)

I've recently come across a new blog and I absolutely LOVE the song that plays when I first open her page. It's called "New Soul" by Yael Naim. I am so going to download it today! (I might be wrong but I think it's from the new Apple commercial.) Not to mention I like this girls blog too! She takes great pictures!

*Question*

Please tell me what your wedding song was if you had one. I'm curious :)
Mine was "Crazy Love" by Van Morrison. That was our first dance song and our last dance song was to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. (It seemed fitting since we were off to Hawaii for our honeymoon and it's such a PRETTY song!)

Happy Hump Day!

Happy Days  – (January 30, 2008 at 9:40 AM)  

Hey, I checked out that blog. I LOVE the song too. Really cool Blog! That girl has tallent!!! Sometimes reading your comments to people, I am amazed by you! My lil sis you amaze me. So sorry to be Queer! I know that is so 1992!!
Really though!
My wedding song was "you are my lover, You're my best friend" Rod Stewart. I can't remember if that is the title, but I will sing it to you if you want! Anyway, I LOVE that song!!! I still well up when I hear it. It brings me back to that amazing day. Now that I have written a book on your blog. p.s. William does not hold any grudges!! Have a great day!

Maria  – (January 30, 2008 at 10:50 AM)  

Mary, I was just thinking about you when I saw the picture of your son on Amy's blog! Take care of yourself first. Sorry, I didn't have a wedding song. We got married in my parents back yard, no music or dancing. They're pretty religious, but it was very nice.
Maria

kimmy  – (January 30, 2008 at 11:10 AM)  

Sorry to hear about your migraine...I get those too! They wipe you out!

My wedding song was "There We Are" by James Taylor and then we went to Hawaii (well, Maui) for our honeymoon!

Hope you feel better!

Kimmy

kim-d  – (January 30, 2008 at 11:24 AM)  

I'm another one with no wedding song because we had an untraditional, yet wonderful, wedding. However, at my son's wedding, my Mother's Dance with him was to "(And I Think To Myself) What A Wonderful World" which was so special because it was one of his father's favorite songs :)! He and his new wife had their first dance to "When You Kiss Me" by Shania Twain--and I have loved that song since.

I'm so glad you're recovering from your migraine, and that you're back cause I missed you. Luckily, I got my Thomas fix over at Amy's place...hehehe! Take care of you, Mary!

Wonderful World of Weiners  – (January 30, 2008 at 11:47 AM)  

Migraines suck - I have to be hospitalized once in awhile because of them.

Wedding song - first dance - AFTER ALL by Peter Cetera & Cher

Last dance - LOVE YOU JUST THE WAY YOU ARE by Billy Joel

Hallie

Kimberly Scott  – (January 30, 2008 at 11:48 AM)  

hey there!! i was sooooo honored to open your blog and find a link to me! you are sincere and adorable!! thanks for the sweet words. its definitely appreciated!! so to answer a few questions...

SIS is scrapinstyletv.com
its for crafters, scrapbookers, etc. if you know about 2peas its wayyyy better. i love it. i have met so many amazing girls over there. so check it out!!

i shoot with a canon digital rebel xti...i am new to photography but my hubby is teaching me. the lense came with a 3 pack. its a 50mm 1:1.8 or something. ill make sure and update you. i LOVE that camera. it has allowed me too do wayyyy more.

so happy to meet you!! I'LL BE BACK...(in my worst terminator impression);)

xo,
kB

girlymom  – (January 30, 2008 at 11:55 AM)  

Amazed by Lonestar. My Hubby and I never really had a song dating and when it came time to pick one, we just kinda listened to the radio on the way to somewhere, heard this one and said yeah- sounds good! We're pretty picky. :)
My parents picked a song for my dad and I to dance to, but they picked it while we were in Florida on vacation and they went out to dinner at a bar and came back with a song, it had me wondering what kind of music it would be, they wouldn't tell me. Turns out is was a Jimmy Buffet song...Delaney talks to statues, all about a father and daughter growing up in a beach town, it was great.
I love Brother Iz, got hooked on him when were were living in Hawaii, his voice is just amazing!

Misty  – (January 30, 2008 at 12:50 PM)  

No wedding song. My husband and I decided one day to get married, and then the very next day we did. I am a *HUGE* fan of Van Morrison, though.....

Michelle Leigh  – (January 30, 2008 at 8:26 PM)  

I love that song. I was wondering if it was a real one, and now I know. Thanks! I also love that song by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. I found that when I got married too. Our wedding dance was "At Last" by Etta James. I love that song, it really brings back fantastic memories. By the way, this wasn't a lame post!

Trixie Twatwaffle  – (January 30, 2008 at 8:57 PM)  

that version of that song is beautiful.

We didn't have dancing at our teeny wedding.

I walked into "She's got a way" by billy joel. Does that count as a wedding song?

Robyn  – (January 30, 2008 at 10:08 PM)  

Ours was "Me and You" by Kenny Chessney

By the way, your son is so stinking cute.

Zoe  – (January 30, 2008 at 10:09 PM)  

glad you are feeling better! i love kim's site too...rumor has it she is going on our chicago blogger trip. maybe she can show me how to use my new rebel xti!!!

Amy  – (January 31, 2008 at 12:04 AM)  

i am having a total brain cramp. what's the name of my wedding song. the one from pretty woman! oh man, i should just got to bed. see you in 7 hours!!!

Flea  – (January 31, 2008 at 8:04 PM)  

Ours was "I Will Be There", by Steven Curtis Chapman. My husband sang it to me - I was laughing internally the whole time, the poor thing.

First dance was a Bryan Adam's song from Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves. What was that song? Can't remember, but when I hear it, I call my husband. :)

Maureen  – (February 2, 2008 at 10:23 PM)  

Sorry about the migraine... that sucks.

Our song was "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis. But then, that was in 1980, so.... yeah.

Maureen
Blog hoppin'

Tara R.  – (February 2, 2008 at 11:18 PM)  

Our song was "Tonight, I Celebrate My Love for You" Roberta Flake and Peebo Bryson.

blog hopping- etcetera

Don Mills Diva  – (February 3, 2008 at 10:56 PM)  

Ours was At Last by Etta James. We walked back done the aisle to Here Comes the Sun and we had In Your Life sang during the ceremony.

BTW - I am LOVING your blog!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP