Caught in the Act

I have a climber on my hands people. I can not turn my back for a second! The other night he had climbed onto the ottoman in the TV room. Before I could get to him, he did a flip onto the floor. The kind of flip you do into a pool. IT DIDN'T PHASE HIM!!! I thought for sure that he was going to scream. NOTHING. He did nothing.

This is what I found on Sunday.

He repeated this act tonight while on Einsteins clock. The two of them were in there while I was doing something. I walk in and Thomas is some how balancing on the edge of that basket. How he didn't fall and get wrecked is beyond me. But what's even more beyond me is that tonight it was literally RIGHT IN FRONT OF EINSTEIN and he didn't see it. Who's watching who here people!?!?!

Robyn  – (February 5, 2008 at 10:43 PM)  

Just wait it gets better.
http://wheresjelly.blogspot.com/2007/10/my-dare-devil.html
And it never ends.
http://wheresjelly.blogspot.com/2008/01/happy-new-year.html
And it only take seconds. Have fun.
I wish I could help you with the rocking horse.

Misty  – (February 5, 2008 at 10:57 PM)  

I tell ya - - climbing is the kiss of death. My youngest gets into EVERY THING, holy CRAP!!

jenny  – (February 5, 2008 at 11:38 PM)  

oh dear lord. um, i sometimes think there are 'daddy goggles' which prevents them from seeing the obvious. :)

kim-d  – (February 6, 2008 at 4:59 AM)  

I agree on the Daddy goggles, and they are the same goggles that prevent them from seeing the fresh bar of soap that is on the shelf in the linen closet right in front of their face. Heck, Einstein probably HELPED Thomas-is-Trouble up onto the basket :). And besides, he's just so darn cute and he's just such a boy, whaddya gonna do :) :). And his haircut is so cute. So he climbs a little... HAHA!

And now I have to say, Mary--you have completely redeemed yourself on the Thomax pix issue. GOOD JOB!

girlymom  – (February 6, 2008 at 10:05 AM)  

He is determined~ that's a great trait for when he's older!

My 2 year old keeps taking a kids chair across two rooms to the kitchen sink to wash her hands. Somehow she manages, somehow she can reach the sink handle and somehow she gets back down. What's really funny though is after all that effort, she always says she can't bring the chair back...it's too heavy! Hmmm...

When my oldest was little, I went to the little corner store and left her with Hubby. When I returned he had fallen asleep on the floor "playing" with her. She was no longer in the room, she had gone to her room to get a blankie...for daddy. Again, hmmm...

Happy Days  – (February 6, 2008 at 10:26 AM)  

love how he puts the toy in his mouth, so he can have two hands for climbing. He is one smart cookie!! Mary YOU are in TROUBLE!!!

Anonymous –   – (February 6, 2008 at 2:40 PM)  

I feel for you - yesterday Maren pushed a truck over to Cooper's table and proceeded to CLIMB ON TOP OF IT. She was as happy as a clam sitting in the middle of the table smiling and waving. Cooper was (and still is) incredibly busy, but he was not a climber - I am not prepared!

And we seem to have a pair of Daddy Goggles at our house as well . . .

Anonymous –   – (February 6, 2008 at 4:42 PM)  

If he doesnt climb and fall down, how is he going to have all the scars to impress the chicks with.....we all know getting hurt makes for the best stories later in life. As for the goggles, that is how I got in this mess to begin with.....I'm gonna get it for that one :)

- Einstein

Amy  – (February 6, 2008 at 6:34 PM)  

einstein - you are so busted!!!

Amy  – (February 6, 2008 at 6:34 PM)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Happy Days  – (February 6, 2008 at 7:22 PM)  

wtf Einstein!!!! You are so dead!!

Zoe  – (February 7, 2008 at 11:45 PM)  

it's time to anchor stuff to the wall and keep your insurance card handy!

Michelle Leigh  – (February 8, 2008 at 4:20 PM)  

Oh, both my kids are climbers. It's ridiculous! Just wait until he figures out how to get on the counter, or the table! That's when the fun begins!

Anonymous –   – (November 10, 2008 at 10:29 AM)  

You write very well.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP