Karma..........

So remember last week I posted this about my neighbor next door's nasty yard?
Well let me just say that I got a taste of the Karma over the weekend.
As you all probably know we got some snow last Friday. Well usually Einstein takes care of the snow (i.e. snow blows, shovels) right away. Well since the storm we got on Friday went on over night, he left all of the snow clearing for the morning. Well Saturday morning came and we awoke at 7:15am to the sounds of a snow blower coming up our drive way. Einstein jumped out of bed and looked out the window. It was HIM. My neighbor with the jewels clearing our driveway for us! Einstein quickly got dressed and went out there to tell him that he'd take care of it. The neighbor didn't think we were home because our cars were in the garage. I don't know his age but I'm guessing late 60's or 70ish. As far as I'm concerned, that's too old for him to be clearing our property too!
I imediately felt bad for sharing the picture of the monstrosity in his yard last week. Just because his yard is nasty..................doesn't mean he's a bad person. He's got lots of issues and from the little bit I do know, he lost a wife and a son in a very short amount of time. And yes, I have seen parts of him I wish I hadn't................but he's very neighborly.

Amy  – (February 27, 2008 at 8:38 AM)  

i take it he wasn't flaunting his jewels while he was snowblowing?

Michelle Leigh  – (February 27, 2008 at 8:45 AM)  

What a sweet man. You shouldn't feel bad about your post, from what you know, he's just a slob. You know? Maybe you could extend yourself and maybe bake some cookies for him as a thank you for being so thoughtful. Maybe he's lonely? You just never know what someone has to offer, he may just surprisingly enrich your lives! I'm the same though Mary, I judge probably too quickly and I end up regretting it. I wish I didn't do that, but I think it's part of all of us. Thanks for sharing the story, it was nice!

Zoe  – (February 27, 2008 at 8:53 AM)  

awww. take him some cookies...and some undies.

Wonderful World of Weiners  – (February 27, 2008 at 10:23 AM)  

It's ok to pass judgement on somebody as long as you are willing to reassess that judgement and adjust it as needed. Sounds like he's not such a bad guy.

I agree..bake him something!

Hallie

girlymom  – (February 27, 2008 at 10:29 AM)  

Ok, so you are being way too hard on yourself. We all do it. That was nice of him to do your driveway. Our driveway connects to the neighbors at the end about the last 15 feet. I feel bad doing just our side, sometimes I don't have time though. It turns out that over the winter we have each sort of just cleared what we could of all of it and it works out pretty great. They don't expect it, and we don't expect it, but when it is done, we all appreciate it. They have renters though and they cut into our driveway when they turn in or out, Ugh, now it's harder to shovel...

Ready for spring?

Happy Days  – (February 27, 2008 at 11:13 AM)  

oh Mary! Don't be so hard on yourself! Some how I think I know you so well that I would bet that you have already sent cookies over! It takes all kinds to make the world go round!!!! Chantilly lace and a pretty face, and a wiggle in her walk, and a giggle in her talk. . . That just reminded me of that!!!!

Amy  – (February 27, 2008 at 11:43 AM)  

perhaps they could be ball shaped cookies?

ya ya mary makes cookies for everyone. i am sure she's already done this! she's a nice girl!

Lizzy in the Burbs  – (February 27, 2008 at 1:20 PM)  

Pfffffttt! (me spitting out my pepsi reading Amy's comment - HA!)

I think we are all guilty of being judgemental at times, I know I am, and, sometimes we're wrong. Don't be so hard on yourself. Maybe his snowblowing your driveway was his way of reaching out to someone? He probably is lonely, and maybe he just doesn't know what to do with all that mess of his. I'm sure he'd appreciate cookies and maybe someone to chat with a little!

Lizzy

Amy  – (February 27, 2008 at 1:27 PM)  

lizzy - when you say "mess", do you mean the junk in his yard or his junk jewels!!! oh man this is what happens to me when i stay home all day!

just jamie  – (February 27, 2008 at 4:53 PM)  

Great comments Amy and Zoe.

Guilt shmuilt. He flaunted his package. Still gross.

In Care Of  – (February 27, 2008 at 6:48 PM)  

I seriously doubt you've ever visited my blog, but please don't let that possibility deter you from allowing me to drop a comment on your blog. I wonder if maybe the neighbor was jut trying something new and wasn't sure how it would turn out and maybe it'd make him feel a whole lot better if you were to tell him what you really think (jewels in public) without saying it online to the world. I say that because I once had a friend who preached discretion at all costs but when it came time to giving advice to friends he wasn't discrete at all and it hurt the relationship.

kim-d  – (February 27, 2008 at 7:39 PM)  

Oh, that darn Karma anyway :)...gosh, ya can't even get a little peevish over a messy yard without Karma turning it back around on ya...HAHAHA! But, as far as I'm concerned, here's how you've already REALLY redeemed yourself...WE ALL GOT TO READ HOW TRULY WITTY AMY IS...hehehehe!

Are there any leftover cookies? :)

Amy  – (February 27, 2008 at 8:09 PM)  

hopefully mary didn't crumble them - the cookies i mean!

Robyn  – (February 27, 2008 at 10:39 PM)  

That was neighborly of him, maybe he is just reaching out. I can't stand our neighbor and he does our driveway, though is probably because we share it.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP