0, 45

What do these numbers mean you might ask?

Well Mr. Thomas Trouble has been one huge pain in the rear lately when it comes to his sleeping. He refuses naps. He refuses going to bed at night. Once in bed, 2 hours later he's looking to get out. After months of trying to figure out what exactly is going on in that little brain of his.........I think I've got him figure out and I've put my foot down!

Tuesday, to be exact, was the day I said ENOUGH! Tuesday night I put him in his crib at 7:15pm. He cried. I went in after 5 min. I did not pick him up. I talked to him. I rubbed his back and I laid him back down. 10 min later repeat. 15 min later repeat. The 15 min intervals lasted for 1 hour and 45 min until I finally got him to lay down awake and to fall asleep on his own. He did it. Two hours later he was up and ended up in my bed. I was okay with this though because I did initially get him to sleep.

Wednesday I put him in at 7:30 pm. He cried initially and I went in at 10 min. Then 15 min. Then 15 min again. That was the last time I went in. By the 40 min mark he was asleep. SCORE 1 FOR MY TEAM! That night he made it until 11pm in his own bed. Not bad.

Thursday night............he went right down. THERE IS A GOD! We heard from him at 1:15am and he came in. It's getting better.

Friday night...........HE WILL STAY IN HIS BED ALL NIGHT!
I was determined!
Here's where the 0, 45 comes in.
No. of minutes crying when being put to bed: 0.
No. of minutes crying during the night while getting him to stay in his own bed: 45.
That's right people............he did not sleep in my bed last night AT ALL! MAJOR SCORE FOR ME! He went to bed at 7:10pm and slept until 2:15am. By 3:00am he was laying down and went to sleep. He woke up 7:15am.
I feel successful!

And the real icing on the cake...............he is in HIS CRIB napping right now :) There is a light at the end of the tunnel and I can see it. It's getting brighter :)

Happy Weekend to you all!

Happy Days  – (March 29, 2008 at 10:30 AM)  

Does that mean Einstein scored too!?!? Hahahahah! I crack myself up! Just kidding! I am glad it is working out! I am a true believer that everything in life is better with some sleep involved!!!

Mary  – (March 29, 2008 at 10:46 AM)  

Ha......nice one Lisa!
I don't do that stuff, remember? I believe in immaculate conception!

KG  – (March 29, 2008 at 11:37 AM)  

Good for you! One of these days I'm going to employ that method with my own bambino who sleeps in bed with me. But because the hubby is gone, I'm a total sucker and let him stay in bed with me . . . I wouldn't want to sleep in that crib, either!

Trixie Twatwaffle  – (March 29, 2008 at 11:54 AM)  

Woo hoo!!!!

Although i cannot believe that same cutie in the pictures would cry at all. I look at him and think perfect angel... :)

Amy  – (March 29, 2008 at 12:38 PM)  

Some of the greatest victories have been won in very small steps!
This will surely be a huge victory! You're getting there. =)

Jaime Cox  – (March 29, 2008 at 1:33 PM)  

Pure determination of the parent beats pure determination of the child. Haha... GOOD JOB!!

jenny  – (March 29, 2008 at 4:19 PM)  

you rock! we have the same kind of issues with tucker. i will go in his room, lay down with him now, and we read a few books, sing, and then he's out like a light. then, sometime in the weeeee morning, he usually ends up in our bed. aaaaah! i hope it keeps going! :)

Mary Alice  – (March 29, 2008 at 4:27 PM)  

Sometimes it is the small victories can be oh so very satisfying. Have a great weekend.

Wonderful World of Weiners  – (March 29, 2008 at 8:03 PM)  

Thanks for keeping John in your thoughts. He needs all the mojo he can get - 4/22 seems so far away yet so damn close!

Hallie

Robyn  – (March 29, 2008 at 9:43 PM)  

Isn't the sleep battle the biggest. I have never been able to get Maggie to nap in her crib. She is finally back to sleeping all night in her crib. she would go down good, but she would not go back to sleep if she woke up unless she was in our bed. One night we just made her cry it out, as awful as it was she hasn't been back into our bed, and as sad as this sounds, I miss her sometimes.

Robyn  – (March 29, 2008 at 9:46 PM)  

Oh shoot, I was going to say, have you tried putting him down a little later in the evening. I ended up letting her stay up til 8:15 and now 8:30 and she goes right to sleep. It was like if I put her down earlier she thought it was a nap and wanted to play after an hour or two.

appleandi  – (March 30, 2008 at 7:27 AM)  

yeah for sleeping in our own beds!!!! keep it up!

kim-d  – (March 30, 2008 at 9:17 AM)  

ALRIGHT, MARY!!!!! Good job, Thomas Trouble. And Lisa? BWAHAHAHA! Followed quickly by...Mary, you are so full of...ummm, "it"--HA! I mean, really! You people named Mary? JUST FULL OF DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR! Hehehe...

I am so happy that the sleep wars appear to be won...

Misty  – (March 30, 2008 at 11:34 PM)  

I FEEL FOR YOU big time. My youngest, Olivia, has been our ALL TIME hardest to sleep train. And not only that, she vomits when ever we try to do so. We just got through "training" again, although she still does wake up 3-4 times a night. And she is TWO.

Congrats on a job well done.

kim-d  – (March 31, 2008 at 11:57 AM)  

Good Morning, Mary! Hope the whole weekend continued to be sleepily-successful! Because Monday is my day off, I am thinking about you busily working on this Monday morning--and being really happy it's you and not me! HAHAHAHA! Sorry, just couldn't resist. Have a good day, Mary...missing you!

Anonymous –   – (March 31, 2008 at 1:42 PM)  

Hey, thanks for popping in on my blog. Wow. Sounds like our little guys really are going through the same things right now. My little one does not want to go to sleep at all these days and sometimes I wonder how he keeps going and going and going.

I'll keep your blog in my blogroll if you don't mind. I may need some more encouragement and advice in the next several weeks, months and years! :-)

--- Jonny's Mommy

Anonymous –   – (March 31, 2008 at 1:55 PM)  

OK. I had to add this. Not only are our sons five days apart in age, but we also have very similar dogs. It looks like your dog is a Jack Russell. Mine is a Jack Russell/Chihuahua mix. Creepy!

--- Jonny's Mommy

Don Mills Diva  – (March 31, 2008 at 3:42 PM)  

Yay! Cheers to both of you getting some sleep!

kimmy  – (March 31, 2008 at 5:48 PM)  

Good job! My daughter is almost 7 and she just stopped coming into our bed at night! Yup, I am one of those Moms!!!!

Kimmy

Lizzy in the Burbs  – (April 1, 2008 at 12:38 AM)  

Hooray and Happy Dance!! I'm happy for all of you, that's huge! Keep up the good work and enjoy all that nice sleep you're gonna get!

Lizzy

Misty  – (April 1, 2008 at 2:21 PM)  

I moved. I would love it if you would follow me over to:

www.mylesstraveledroad.blogspot.com

Love, Misty

Zoe  – (April 2, 2008 at 11:17 PM)  

hey do you think you could come train ava???

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP