I was so mad I ate a cookie, or two or.........

Yeah, all my hard work of eating healthy and avoiding sugar.............right out the freakin window tonight! And it's ALL Einstein's fault!

Since my niece Abby is sick, and since she is obsessed with dogs.......everything and anything relating to dogs! I decided to make her dog bone cookies tonight. (sugar cookies made from a dog bone cookie cutter) In my head they were going to be super cute! They were going to be frosted with white homemade butter cream frosting. Then I was going to make the remaining frosting brown. I was going to outline the dog bone and then write the word "MILKBONE" on them. Super cute...........in my head! Well the cookies only made it to the butter cream frosting part. Why? Because Einstein had to go messing with my food coloring, then the milk, then the coco powder until my remaining frosting turned into big nasty glop! It was gross!

Seriously, why do engineers think they know EVERYTHING?

It was then that I yelled at him to get his hiney out of my kitchen and I ATE A COOKIE. THEN ANOTHER ONE. AND THEN I stopped half way through the third! It was awful!

girlymom  – (March 4, 2008 at 9:59 PM)  

I'll sit for a cookie with ya...maybe a bit of milk too. I am sure Abby will love any cookies that you give her...add sprinkles, that always helps! :)

KG  – (March 4, 2008 at 10:34 PM)  

1. I love cookies - especially those ElFudge sandwich ones. Mmm. And Girlscout cookies.

2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and weighing in on Ohio! Feel free to stop on by again . . and I'll make sure to return to your blog!

Amy  – (March 4, 2008 at 11:10 PM)  

don't be so hard on yourself. it does sound like an einstein move though! if it makes you feel better, i had a bit of a jelly belly night. ugh!!! let's just pick it back up for tomorrow!!!

Misty  – (March 5, 2008 at 12:18 AM)  

The power of cookies..... the power of cookies gone wrong.....

Oh my. Help me now......

kim-d  – (March 5, 2008 at 7:22 AM)  

I saw a t-shirt that said "Come over to the dark side. We have cookies." I love that t-shirt; if I was younger, I would be WEARING that t-shirt. Because I love cookies! Mmmmm. So how could you NOT eat a couple. Hey, in my world, if you manage to stop at anything under SIX, you're doing just fine :)!

Wonderful World of Weiners  – (March 5, 2008 at 8:53 AM)  

But I bet they were good!

Can you send me one? I don't even mind lumpy discolored frosting!

Hallie :)

kimmy  – (March 5, 2008 at 8:59 AM)  

I love sugar cookies and frosting too! Especially frosting!!!! I love that you put so much effort into making them for your niece - what a nice thing for you to do!

Kimmy

Lizzy in the Burbs  – (March 5, 2008 at 10:35 AM)  

Hi, Mary!

The cookies sound just adorable, brown outline or not! I bet your niece will be so surprised and happy to receive them! How is she doing? Hope she's getting better! Don't beat yourself up too much about eating a few cookies, you probably burned them off when the steam was coming out of your ears! :o)

Lizzy

AliBlahBlah  – (March 5, 2008 at 1:09 PM)  

I fell off the wagon yesterday as well, there must have been something in the air. I'm trying to cut out refined sugar prior to our trip to England in April - one stressful day at the office scuppered that though!!

jenny  – (March 5, 2008 at 1:26 PM)  

oh girl! one bad day is just that - one bad day! i've had my share! :)

Janice {Run Far}  – (March 5, 2008 at 3:07 PM)  

Really, I have a chocolate cake I made to take to a funeral, it turned out hideous looking, so I took something else, now all I can think about is that darn chocolate cake, I want a slice so dang bad.

Amber  – (March 5, 2008 at 3:39 PM)  

I love cookies, I would never eat just 2.5, that is a sin where I come from. Also, I don't know why engis think they know everything. Big Daddy tried to tell a someone what kind of skin care they needed. WTH?!!!

Burgh Baby  – (March 5, 2008 at 4:39 PM)  

I see you all over the place, but for some reason had never stopped over. So, hiya!

Engineers do think they know everything. I just had one tell me how to properly stock the candy jar on my desk. Darn whining about free candy . . .

Anonymous –   – (March 5, 2008 at 6:34 PM)  

I was wondering.....do you know Gretchen Clark? She's a photographer or she's super into photography? I swear I've seen your profile photo on either her blog or where she posts her photos. But.....?!

Unknown  – (March 5, 2008 at 7:00 PM)  

What a great idea for a cookie!

In respect to falling off the diet wagon - just hop back on today. We all fall off once in awhile :)

just jamie  – (March 5, 2008 at 7:53 PM)  

You stopped halfway through the third? Why? Man, I say you've got discipline!

(Cute idea)

Zoe  – (March 5, 2008 at 8:26 PM)  

oh i though maybe the girl scout cookies came.

Michelle Leigh  – (March 6, 2008 at 4:29 PM)  

Man, I still would have eaten them. I don't care about what cookies look like, just how they taste!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP