Raspberry Chicken

You've got to try this recipe! It is delicious! Einstein was even blow away by it and thought I did "a lot more" to get it to taste the way it did! The best part...........it took less than 20 min!
Seriously, try it people. You won't be disappointed :)

Raspberry Chicken

Ingredients
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp dried thyme (or substitute 1 tbsp fresh thyme)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 medium red onion, diced
8 oz raspberry fruit spread (double fruit, no sugar added)...I used Polaner All Fruit
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
salt/pepper to taste

Directions
Season chicken with thyme and salt on both sides. Set aside.
Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook onion until browned and soft.
Add chicken and cook until well cooked, approximately 8 minutes each side. Then, remove chicken and set aside. Add low gi fruit spread, balsamic vinegar and pepper to oil in skillet. Cook for several minutes until ingredients well combined and fruit spread is melted. Add chicken back in skillet.
Serve chicken with sauce poured over top.
Serves 4

I found the recipe here.

Misty  – (March 3, 2008 at 12:37 PM)  

I can never turn down a good tip.. Thanks!

Unknown  – (March 3, 2008 at 1:03 PM)  

OH my, sounds scrumptious. Will have to print this :)

kim-d  – (March 3, 2008 at 3:37 PM)  

Mmmmm, sounds good, Mary! I'm gonna try it. I love easy...

Robyn  – (March 3, 2008 at 3:48 PM)  

That does sound good. I will have to try it.

Amy  – (March 3, 2008 at 6:00 PM)  

you know i'll be trying this. thanks for sharing, sis!

Mary  – (March 3, 2008 at 7:09 PM)  

Amy, did you really just call me sis? C'mon now!

Don Mills Diva  – (March 3, 2008 at 8:08 PM)  

That sounds yummy - will definitely try it - always looking for a new way to serve chicken!

Amy  – (March 3, 2008 at 9:18 PM)  

sorry must have been my alter ego!

Jaime Cox  – (March 3, 2008 at 10:40 PM)  

Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment with me!
This chicken sounds great! I've definitely been slacking on the cooking lately. But, since my hubs is out of town, I'm sure I could try this recipe for myelf:)

Zoe  – (March 4, 2008 at 4:20 PM)  

ohhh my friend makes this and it is the grub!

Anonymous –   – (April 2, 2008 at 11:39 AM)  

Hi Mary - I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipe! Thanks for the link.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP