Skulls, Crossbones, and Bamboo Socks

Aren't these adorable? I just love them! I scored them at Osh Kosh on sale over the weekend.

Einstein has asked me to spread the word about something. I think his exact words this morning were "make sure you tell your friends." (yeah, okay Einstein!) But before I do, let me give you a little background about my Einstein.

He's pretty particular, that Einstein. And one thing that he usually always critiques is his socks. Probably because I buy them. Einstein doesn't like to shop. Period. Unless it's for a GPS system, or Nintendo Wii or a 50" plasma TV. (No, we don't have the TV but I was told last night that he just might come home with one!) My point is that he has no problem spending money on frivolous things-that-we-don't-need-or-should-be-spending-money-on but yet he practically cries when he has to buy clothes for work! I work in an office and I know what is said about the guys that come in wearing pants where the bottoms of the legs are fraying. Or shirts that are old and worn. Or shoes where the front rubber is falling off. Don't they have wives or girlfriends that look out for them? No, I'm really not a snob but I take pride in how my husband looks because I buy his clothes and I know how mean office women can be. I would cry if anyone ever said the things about Einstein that some people say about the crazy Einsteins that I work with! Any way, I'm getting off the subject. So Saturday we had a shopping day. A CLOTHES shopping day. Einstein bought 4 new work shirts, 3 pairs of shoes, a pair of shorts, and Bamboo socks. It killed him. Do you have any idea which thing he has talked about every day since Saturday? Okay, so maybe I gave it away in the title, but yes, his new pairs of Bamboo Socks. Yup, BAMBOO. He thinks they are the best thing since sliced bread and he specifically told ME to tell YOU all about them. They are made by Gold Toe. They are thick although I am told they do not make your feet sweat. In fact, I have had to touch his feet every day for the past three days when he gets home after work and takes his shoes off just so I will believe that his feet don't sweat from his new Bamboo socks! (They are a little damp but not soaking as I would suspect they would be based on the thickness of the socks.) So people, next time you are sock shopping, Einstein would like you to consider Bamboo socks!

I have a feeling that in the coming days.........I will be introduced to everything BAMBOO out there. It's just a hunch. At least it will get his mind off of bio-diesel for a little while! (Actually, I don't think that will happen. Getting his mind off of the bio-diesel that is. That's a whole nother post coming!)

Einstein, I'm glad you are happy with your purchase of your new Bamboo socks. And I'm sure my lovely readers are thanking you for sharing :)



Amy  – (April 30, 2008 at 11:40 AM)  

Every family needs an Einstein. I am soooo glad we have ours!

Let me guess... Are you gonna have bamboo flooring in your next house? I was just thinking....

Denise H.  – (April 30, 2008 at 12:53 PM)  

Guys are so Funny! MY husband hates to shop unless it is for tools, plasma T.V.'s and such. I always buy his clothes and I am the same way about making sure that he looks nice.

I am going to have to get him some bamboo socks. I bet he will love them!

Tell your hubby thanks for making you let us know. ;)

Anonymous –   – (April 30, 2008 at 1:14 PM)  

Would you're hubbie dawn a bamboo shlong? You know... banana hammock!!!

Anonymous –   – (April 30, 2008 at 1:16 PM)  

The socks really are great.
$11.50 for 3, very comfy. The women at the store said that they last alot longer than cotton. Not to mention "bamboo" is a very "green" and sustainable product.

- E

Happy Days  – (April 30, 2008 at 1:55 PM)  

I love that he posted a comment and signed it, E! He cracks me up and I just love that guy. You know the way you would love your sister's husband especially if you never had a brother. Ok, I hope that doesn't sound too weird!! BTW, Mary, that annonymous comment was not me. I have an allibi. I was at dance with Abby. . . .oh, it had to be Amy!!

Wonderful World of Weiners  – (April 30, 2008 at 6:33 PM)  

Todays entry and the comments cracked me up. Needed to smile so thanks!

Hallie :)

Misty  – (April 30, 2008 at 6:34 PM)  

Thanking him (and you) indeed.....

kimmy  – (April 30, 2008 at 7:06 PM)  

Love that Einstein commented about his sock purchase!

Kimmy

Burgh Baby  – (April 30, 2008 at 9:00 PM)  

Loving the shoes! And bamboo socks? What will the kid get obsessed with next? Heh.

Jaime Cox  – (April 30, 2008 at 9:40 PM)  

OMG... we have the same husband:) And mine is always saying stuff to me about how I just SPEND money. But I swear, when he does make a purchase it's $1000+ and he's researched it for the last 3 months. According to him, XBox 360 is a good buy so that you can have a HD DVD player, a gaming machine, and a hard drive all in one. WHAT?! Um, no.
However, y'all will enjoy the 50" plasma:) That is one purchase I was cool with. hehe....
I WILL pass on the good word about Bamboo socks. E is on a kick with bamboo right now too, he wants to plant it!

I'm telling you.... the same man!

Robyn  – (April 30, 2008 at 9:43 PM)  

I hear the bamboo fabric is sooo soft. I haven't felt anything yet. J is the same way, though he will but clothes. I gave up on trying to buy him anything it just sits in his closet then.

KG  – (April 30, 2008 at 9:55 PM)  

Eww - I would NEVER touch my husband's feet after they were in shoes for the day. EVER. Eww.

Cute skull shoes!

Alice  – (April 30, 2008 at 10:40 PM)  

Love the bamboo socks - they sound great....:)

And because you asked (I'm sorry you missed it)

http://www.casablancabridal.com/Products/Detail.asp?View=F&ModelNo=1798&

Wonderful World of Weiners  – (May 1, 2008 at 8:50 AM)  

What....you don't LIKE pubic hair in your fast food?

Hallie :)

kim-d  – (May 1, 2008 at 3:35 PM)  

I am so happy that Einstein loves his bamboo socks, and especially impressed that he likes them enough to comment. Thanks for your input, Einstein, because I've been wondering about all the ads I've been seeing for bamboo towels, sheets, etc. Hey, if the socks are good, I'm thinking the rest are probably good, too, huh?

And Thomas Trouble's new shoes ROCK!

Unknown  – (May 1, 2008 at 6:17 PM)  

This reminds me that hubby needs a shopping day very soon. Thank you!

PS. Tell hubby that I will definitely be checking out the Bamboo!

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs}  – (May 4, 2008 at 8:21 AM)  

I love those shoes! We too love the slip on shoes.. So easy for Lukas to get them on too!

David  – (May 5, 2008 at 6:35 AM)  

I enjoyed this.
I will investigate bamboo socks. But I want to make sure that it is not on the endangered sock list!

girlymom  – (May 6, 2008 at 10:39 AM)  

I can honestly say that I have been educated. I never knew they made bamboo socks! Thanks Einstein.

girlymom  – (May 6, 2008 at 10:43 AM)  

My Hubby is threatening the big tv too, he's limited in size though because we have an entertainment center it would need to fit into...thankfully! I think I keep him plenty busy that he doesn't have time for tv shopping. Ha.

Zoe  – (May 7, 2008 at 8:33 PM)  

cute shoes. so are these socks biodegradable?

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP