I really am lucky

I thought I had grown out of my days of procrastination.
And I never thought of myself to be of the emotional type.
But I'm sitting here at my computer crying right now because two people have done something really really nice for me tonight.
I don't know if I'm crying because I'm blown away that they would do it for me or because I feel like a complete loser for having allowed myself to wait this long to get something accomplished.
I could come up with a million excuses, that are totally legit, as to why I waited this long and didn't read the fine print.
But what makes me different from anyone else?
We are all busy.
My sister Lisa has 3 little ones that consume her. She has been shuffling around trying to stay out of a big house project at her house. She's tired.
My Mom, well, she's always doing something for someone. She takes care of us all.
She gets tired too.
However tired they may be tonight, they gave up lounging on their couches and going to bed early to help me.
They drove 20 minutes from their houses to mine to pick up an envelope that had to be post marked by 11:59 tonight.
They drove all the way out here 10pm tonight.
Now they are on their way into Boston to the closest post office that stays open that late.
I am lucky.

Thank you Mom and Lisa.
I hope you know I appreciate it!
(I'm sure you had some laughs along the way though!)


Misty  – (July 1, 2008 at 12:03 AM)  

It's comforting to have such kind and loving people in our lives. They're lucky to have you, too.

kim-d  – (July 1, 2008 at 5:04 AM)  

Awww, Mare! A Mom and a Sister, and a Sleeping Thomas Trouble (and Elmo); what more could you possibly need. Here's a secret, just for you. Your Mom and Sister love you and are happy to do this type of thing for you. If people we love need something and we can do it for them, we do. That's family, that's friends, that's love. And you would do the exact same thing for your Mom and your Sisters, and you will someday. You Boston girls are crazy wonderful :)!

Michelle Leigh  – (July 1, 2008 at 8:31 AM)  

It's great to have such a wonderful support system. I am proud to say my mom and sis would do the same thing. We are lucky gals!

Anonymous –   – (July 1, 2008 at 10:38 AM)  

What a wonderful family you have!

And I LOVE Thomas' new haircut! He is such a little doll.

jenny  – (July 1, 2008 at 5:14 PM)  

awesome! my family is the same way - always there for you in a jam! :)

Happy Days  – (July 1, 2008 at 7:30 PM)  

Mary,
We really did have a lot of laughs. I felt as though I was starring in a Seinfeld episode! What a cast of characters going to the post office at that time of night!!! I know you would do the same for me and already have for that matter. That is what family is all about! Don't mention it. Love, Me

Robyn  – (July 1, 2008 at 10:09 PM)  

There some love for you!! T-man is looking cute as ever I love sleepy photos.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (July 2, 2008 at 11:32 AM)  

Family can be sooo awesome. Can't they? Love Thomas' photo...what a cute kid!

kimmy  – (July 2, 2008 at 1:33 PM)  

My family is just like that...I know I can call them at anytime for anything! It is a great feeling to have that connection!

Kimmy

Alice  – (July 2, 2008 at 3:06 PM)  

I have a mom like that, too. Aren't we lucky??

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP