Getting a little closer

When I haven't been blackmailing I mean hijacking my sister's blog this weekend, I've been painting! Painting at the new house that is! I've only done a teeny tiny portion of it. My Dad has really been the one doing it. He is as close to professional as you'd get. Meticulous is probably a better way to describe it. I was not allowed to clean any tool (brush, roller, can, tray, etc. etc.). He had to do it. But you know what, that's the part I hate doing any way!

So here are a few pics. They really don't do any justice to the colors I picked.

Thomas' room
Paint Color: Benjamin Moore Colonial Blue (its way better in person!)Master Bedroom
Paint Color: Benjamin Moore Gray Cloud (I love it! It's very neutral and is going to look great with the new bedding set I bought!)Xtra Room
Paint Color: Benjamin Moore Western Flax (Yup, it's yellow! It's the color in Thomas' current room and it goes very well w/ all the baby bedding I have. In the future this will be baby no. 2's room. Whenever that might be.)Bathroom
Paint Color: Benjamin Moore Cream Fleece (Again, it looks way better in person.)This is what Einstein did all day today. He installed the new oak stair treads. He did a really good job too!One more picture............See this bundle? That's part of the new hardwood floor that's being installed on Wednesday. I'm so excited for the wood ninjas to be coming! After that, things will really start to fall in place! Can't wait :)

Julie  – (July 26, 2008 at 6:57 PM)  

It's looking great.
I love the colors!!!

Robyn  – (July 26, 2008 at 10:31 PM)  

I really like that yellow. The stairs are going to be awesome.

Leslie Collins  – (July 27, 2008 at 12:14 AM)  

i really like the blue. The stairs are going to look very nice. THanks for the updates. :)

kim-d  – (July 27, 2008 at 9:55 AM)  

Mare, I LOVE your colors! Especially TT's blue and In-The-Way-Distant-Future-Baby-#2 room. I think soft yellow is so pretty; that was the color I chose for my room when I was a teenager and got over the whole pink obsession.

Your house is going to be so gorgeous! And I just cannot believe Einstein! A couple of times Amy JEAN Kelly has mentioned to me that Einstein can do ANYTHING (why didn't YOU tell me that? BWAHA!), but I didn't think much of it. Since you guys got the house, though, I am seeing just how right AJK was! And I am LOVIN' Einstein!!! Lucky you, Mare! I'm no longer worried that Einstein is breaking your new house; he truly knows what he's doing! Thanks for sharing all of this with us...I LOVE this stuff.

jenny  – (July 27, 2008 at 1:42 PM)  

looking good! the wood floor is going to rock!

Happy Days  – (July 27, 2008 at 2:36 PM)  

Mary,
It looks great! I can't wait to see it again in person! You really are going to have a beautiful abode!!! Einstein is amazing! Great work!

Anonymous –   – (July 27, 2008 at 2:45 PM)  

Gorgeous! My Dad did most all of the painting in our house (and is currently outside painting the exterior!) While I only have the patience, he has both that and the time. We refinished the hardwood in our kitchen and extended it into the office - I love it, and can't wait for the playroom to become the family room so I can put it in there as well! Can't wait to see more pictures!

just jamie  – (July 27, 2008 at 10:32 PM)  

Oooh, I love painting. Okay, I don't love painting, but I love new paint. Those colors are so purdy.

Lynn  – (July 28, 2008 at 2:02 PM)  

I love those colors. How exciting to see it all coming together. I love the yellow!

kimmy  – (July 28, 2008 at 6:44 PM)  

It looks great! Love the paint colors too!

Kimmy

Jaime Cox  – (July 28, 2008 at 11:25 PM)  

woot woot! love it! can't wait to see more!! love this stuff!

Denise H.  – (July 29, 2008 at 4:38 PM)  

WOW! I love all of your colors! Expecially Thomas's room. I think that I am going to have to do that color in my hall bathroom.

It Looks GREAT!

Wonderful World of Weiners  – (July 29, 2008 at 9:05 PM)  

Waht kind of rumors are spreading about me over at Kim-D's? Need I crawl through this blog and kick your bloggin butt?

Hallie :)

Janice {Run Far}  – (July 29, 2008 at 9:27 PM)  

I hate painting, but that looks great

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP