He's got it too

**The 4th attempt at putting TT to bed in my bed (please, I already no what kind of mistake it is putting him in my bed!) went a little something like this............put TT in the bed. Leave the room. Hear "SPLAT!" Not the word, the sound. Followed by a huge scream. The little bugga fell out of bed! No blood. No bruises. Just a little scare.
Oh yeah, it's 9:19 pm.**

**It's now 8:43 pm and Thomas Trouble is riding around on his fire truck with the dog leash. The 3rd attempt to put him to bed was too ugly to talk about. I'm getting closer to losing it.**

**It's 8:33 pm and Thomas Trouble is being a major creep. I know he probably can't help it because he feels like crap, but I'm about to lose it!**

I think I've read on at least 3 other blogs this week about Hand Food and Mouth Disease.
Today the pediatrician told me she's diagnosed 15 kids alone this weekend with it.
And Thomas makes 16.
Yup, he's got it too!
HE IS MISERABLE!
*Diarrhea
*Fever
*No appetite
*Drooling (Ridiculous drooling. In fact he pulls the drool out of his mouth because it hurts to swallow.)
*Sores on the back of his throat
I thought it was a kid virus but apparently adults can catch it too. Great!

jenny  – (July 13, 2008 at 11:59 AM)  

oh no! that sounds horrible - poor little guy! i hope he feels better soon and that nobody else gets it!

kim-d  – (July 13, 2008 at 12:42 PM)  

Awww, Mare! Are you kidding me? This poor kid has had a seriously bad week...and we all know that means Mama also had a seriously bad week. How, may I ask, does one get this unfortunate condition? How about the rest of the cousins; are they all okay? I assume your branch of the fam missed out on the beach day? Which, in itself sucks. Poor Thomas. What does it take to get him over this, and how long does it take? I'll say some extra prayers for a speedy recovery.

At least you should be able to take comfort in knowing that, no matter what horrible things happen to Thomas Trouble, he will always have those BEAUTIFUL BABY BLUES...really, that kid has GORGEOUS eyes :)!

Amy  – (July 13, 2008 at 7:08 PM)  

Poor bugga! I just knew there had to be a reason for his mood last week. I hope he is feeling better very soon. He still looks soo cute- sick or not!

Talk to you later.

Robyn  – (July 13, 2008 at 7:23 PM)  

Oh no. This one seems to be making the rounds. Poor guy. I hope he gets over it fast. I'm so glad the girl hasn't had this one yet.

Michelle Leigh  – (July 13, 2008 at 10:26 PM)  

Oh, poor baby! I hope he finally goes to bed! Gosh, I really hope you don't get it! That would be horrible. Good luck tonight!

KG  – (July 13, 2008 at 10:58 PM)  

I feel your pain - my kid had it a couple of weeks ago and I think I'm probably one of the blogs you're referencing. Here's a tip - my pediatrician told me to mix equal parts liquid Maalox and liquid children's benadryl. Then, wipe it on the sores before you try to feed him. It'll take the sting out enough to get food in him.

Also - while adults DO get it it's not the same. I had one spot and a sore throat, but that was it.

Oh - and also - the spots will come in a couple of days. Don't worry - they look awful but they will go away soon.

Good luck - that HFM thing SUCKS!!!!

Amy  – (July 13, 2008 at 11:47 PM)  

TT better snap out of it if he wants to hang with me tomorrow!!! lol

I hope you all get some sleep!

Jaime Cox  – (July 14, 2008 at 10:14 AM)  

Man.... how are you guys doing now? How long does this last??
Wishing you a better week!!

Your little T is getting so big! Love his hair:)

Happy Days  – (July 14, 2008 at 10:29 AM)  

I hope you guys are doing better today!

Amy  – (July 14, 2008 at 10:09 PM)  

How is the pooper tonight?

Laura McGee  – (July 16, 2008 at 6:29 PM)  

i found your blog through denise gibb's blog. 4 of my neices and nephews got this about two weeks ago!!! insane!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP