We're moved in............

to a disaster zone! ha ha ha

We were completely moved out of our apartment and into our new house on Sunday. It has been a whirlwind of a week since last Wednesday.

I got a migraine Thursday/Friday. Pleaded with the doctor's office for Fioricet. They came through for me. Thank God!

The mover (minus his guys) showed up on time at 7:00am Saturday. Luckily my brother-in-law showed up as well. All in all the "big move" went well. Not a scratch or a dent. And it was all done within 4-5 hours.

The little stuff.......the left behind stuff took a while. By the end we were randomly throwing stuff into garbage bags.

I took Monday off to hopefully try and get organized. NEVER HAPPENED. I've been sick since Monday. I was so exhausted and fatigued Monday morning that I never got off the couch. Lifting Thomas and climbing the stairs was too much for me. Then Monday night I had a fever of 102 all night. It finally broke on Tuesday and then my stomach started. Yesterday was not a pleasant day :( I've lost 5 lbs since last week from this move!

I am better today although still really really tired. I think I've over done it!

So what condition is the house in?

It looks like a bomb went off! ha ha ha Boxes and bags and crap every where! Furniture still in pieces. No interior doors. No blinds or shades. And lots and lots of work left to be finished. Hopefully we'll get the place into better shape over the 3 day weekend :)

It feels good to be in our home :)

jenny  – (August 27, 2008 at 8:26 PM)  

oh dear! i sure hope you start feeling better soon. don't you wish the crap would just organize itself? :)

kimmy  – (August 27, 2008 at 9:12 PM)  

Fioricet is my friend too!

Hope you get settled in soon!

Kimmy

Robyn  – (August 27, 2008 at 10:04 PM)  

I hope your feeling better. I hate packing and unpacking. Ugh. I hope it goes well over the weekend.

Alice  – (August 28, 2008 at 9:40 AM)  

Oh....I feel you on the move. We're still getting stray stuff from my condo to our new house. It is a NEVER ending process. Hope you feel better soon!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP