Go ahead, kick me!

This is how I found the Norm asleep the other night. Ass in the air, head in the cave. Oh how I wish I could crawl in my cave! To be a dog............they have it made!


Last night was the official start to "Operation: Thomas Trouble WILL stay in his OWN bed!"

To say I got the shit kicked out of me is an understatement. I not only got kicked by the terrible toddler, but his not yet born little brother was kicking away from the inside! Flailing toddler legs should definitely be classified as lethal weapons.

So the operation went down like this:

-we got home from work/daycare late. TT was in the highchair for dinner at 6:00pm.

-then we all ate. Leftovers all the way around!

-6:30 was Tubby Time!

-6:50 we (me and TT) headed into his room for "books.

-we read 5 books until TT declared "all done!"

-the STRUGGLE began.

-kicking, hitting, screaming "mamma's bed", tossing, kicking, crying, kicking, screaming, kicking.....you get the gist.

-7:30 I finally get him in the straight jacket that is my arms, and start to calm him on my lap.

-throughout the tears we go through EVERY PERSON we know and talk about how they are sleeping in their own bed. "Gamma sleepin?" Yes Thomas, Gramma's sleeping in her bed. "Gampa too?" Yes Thomas.

-finally we lay down. He is sure to be touching me in some way.

-I try to move away. TT opens an eye. "mamma, mamma, mamma".

-I lay back down.

-repeat.

-repeat.

-repeat.

-9:00 I finally get the pillow between him and I. I creep every so slowly out of the room.

Score one for me!!

BREAK.

-1:00 something a.m. he's off his bed and at the gate.

-repeat everything above (minus the book reading) until the part where I creep out of the room. This time I caved and stayed in his bed until the alarm clock went off at 5:00am.
-TT was up for the morning at 5:30am.

Round 1 of "Operation: Thomas Trouble WILL stay in his OWN bed" was a success. He has not spent an entire night in his twin bed until last night! Score one for me :O)

Did I mention that I got kicked?

Alice  – (October 28, 2008 at 9:33 AM)  

Oh my! It will get easier. At least that's what I've heard. :) Hang in there, mamma.

jenny  – (October 28, 2008 at 10:15 AM)  

i feel your pain. two weeks ago we made the switch from a toddler bed to a twin bed and tucker seems to be pretty proud of it for some reason. he has his nightlight (twilight turtle) that he puts on and he gets to climb up the steps into bed each night. we read or sing songs, but i always shut off the light and just make up my own stories so it doesn't prolong bedtime. it's been working, but he still wakes up every single night and finds his way into our room. i don't know what to do about that. anyways, wishing you the BEST in the nights to come!

Julie  – (October 28, 2008 at 10:49 AM)  

Good luck!
Poor little guy. You wonder what goes through their little minds. I hope you have another successful night with less kicking from both of your sons.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (October 28, 2008 at 11:19 AM)  

Going through something very similar right now, but without the kicking from the inside! :-)

Hang in there and keep going. It is very hard to do and I am loathe to say I have not yet mastered it. At all...as shown by my recent posts, which have made no sense because of exhaustion. *sigh*

Robyn  – (October 28, 2008 at 11:36 AM)  

Ouch, toddler kicks seem to hurt more for some reason. At least you have him in a big bed. Maggie is still in her crib. We are thinking about transitioning her. But I think I will be like you laying with her and I'll end up falling asleep myself.

Denise  – (October 28, 2008 at 11:55 AM)  

Stay strong you will WIN the war, just stay strong and it will get easier and easier if you stick to the plan and NOT give in:) We had to be tough when our girls were little and it does pay off....my bed is my bed..mommy and daddy's space.

Kim Airhart  – (October 28, 2008 at 3:41 PM)  

Love the dog pic! So funny. Good luck with the little one.

kimmy  – (October 28, 2008 at 6:57 PM)  

It does get easier. My son used to be like that, now he he's asleep before his head hits the pillow.

My daughter, on the other hand, is still a work in progress!

Kimmy

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP