Peace and Quiet

Okay Internet, are you ready............

Last night for the first time, in a VERY LONG TIME, I sat on my couch with my lap top, in complete and udder silence.

IT FELT WONDERFUL!

Einstein was out checking on our 2-family and, brace yourselves Internet............

THOMAS TROUBLE WAS ASLEEP.

Not asleep as in "he's on my bed asleep with the TV on." He was asleep as in "asleep in HIS bed." And the best part............he put himself to sleep. I did not have to lay next to him.

I know this may not seem like a big deal to any of you, but TT has not slept in his own bed since May so............this is HUGE to us!

A few weeks ago I stopped at my sister's house and it was around 7:30-8:00pm. Her kids were in bed and not only could you not hear any noise but you could feel the peace that the quiet was giving off. I was secretly jealous. She makes it seem easy (even though I know it's really not)............all 3 of them asleep in their own beds in their own rooms by 7:00pm. I left wondering if I would ever have that. Well Internet, I had it last night and it was wonderful :)

This wasn't from last night. I'm not that stupid enough to go in his room just yet at night with my camera! In time Internet. In time :)

Denise  – (October 29, 2008 at 12:51 PM)  

Great job! and it is a big deal...congrats :)

Robyn  – (October 29, 2008 at 1:45 PM)  

Whooo Hooo, That is great. Hopefully it is all down hill from here. I'm thinking it would be heaven to have miss m in bed by 8 she's up til 9.

Anonymous –   – (October 29, 2008 at 1:53 PM)  

I am BEYOND JEALOUS! I am bound and determined to get both of my children into their own beds (all night) before (God willing) the new baby arrives. They are just so cuddly and I am just so tired! Congratulations - that is a huge accomplishment!

Zoe  – (October 29, 2008 at 9:20 PM)  

YOU ROCK! and i'm freakin jealous. my bff has all 3 of her kids in bed and asleep and 7. every night. even weekends and in the summer. wtf???

Alice  – (October 30, 2008 at 9:54 AM)  

Kudos, mamma! I knew it would come in time...but I'm so glad for you!

Julie  – (October 30, 2008 at 10:09 AM)  

Woo hoo!!
Hooray for you Mom!!
& A big Hooray for Thomas!!
That is awesome news!!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP