*RESEARCH PROJECT* Help needed!!

Okay, here's the deal Internet, Einstein needs your help!

Einstein is down to his last two classes needed for his MBA. In one of these classes he needs to do a little research regarding the project that he and his 2 teammates are working on. (Hi Laurie and Jenna!!)

I'm begging you guys for your input here! Please please please help him out! Even if you've never left a comment before, we'd appreciate your feedback this only time!

His team has been asked to "innovate around the task of ironing."

Here's what he needs from you:

1.) What are your opinions and suggestions on how to improve on the task of ironing?

2.) What are your opinions and or improvement suggestions regarding the following idea?

IDEA: A clothes dryer that has the following additional features....
*a menu that is very user friendly
*has a specific de-wrinkle setting that will automatically "mist" the clothes to help remove wrinkles
*will also have replaceable "starch" cartridges that can be add if desired
*adjustments for fabric type and degree of wrinkles
*a moisture sensor that will determine when the clothes are done/ready (most new dryers have this already)

What would these features be worth to you?
Would you be willing to pay for a machine with these features?

Anything you have to offer is greatly appreciated!
Thanks Internet, you all rock!

kim-d  – (November 10, 2008 at 10:34 AM)  

Oh, I just love it when my opinion gets solicited! Yup, it's true :). My suggestion for making ironing better is not to do it. BWAHAHAHA! No, seriously! All of those features that you listed are fantastic ideas and, yes, I would pay for them. It would be nice to be able to choose the options you'd like and have your washer and dryer custom-made, just like a car. Even though my washer and dryer are old now, when I first got it, I absolutely loved it because the dryer came with a built-in wrinkle-eliminator cycle that not only worked, but worked fantastic. Occasionally, if a shirt I want to wear has wrinkles from hanging in the closet, I'll just throw it in the dryer with a damp washcloth on the wrinkle eliminator cycle for a few minutes...but it would be great to have that built-in mister feature. Tell Einstein for me to hurry up and get this on the market cause I'm gonna need a new washer and dryer pretty soon. :)

Robyn  – (November 10, 2008 at 11:12 AM)  

ooh the dewrinkle setting would be perfect for my hubby, he is always throwing his shirts back in the dryer to "iron" them. I don't know what dryers are going for these days, the most I'd probably pay for a dryer is 500.

Amy  – (November 10, 2008 at 2:20 PM)  

Can it fold the clothes? How about not shrink them? Match sox?

Trixie Twatwaffle  – (November 11, 2008 at 8:25 PM)  

1. improving ironing? I am a fanatic about ironing. I would wish that the iron would somehow not get the calcium deposits when you put water in the reservoir. So I either use distilled H2O or I put regular water in a spray bottle. I would also make the timer on my iron go a lot longer before it times out. And maybe beeps.


2. Yes pelase. to all of those things. I would pay more for them.

Zoe  – (November 11, 2008 at 11:17 PM)  

omg. when that dryer comes out let me know!!!! i hate wrinkled clothes!

girlymom  – (November 14, 2008 at 12:38 AM)  

I think alot of those functions would not be useful to me since I never take clothes out of the dryer right away... NOW if there was a dryer that folded clothes, carried them up 2 flights of steps and put them away... I'd pay the extra big bucks for that! :) On a more serious side, I would try and figure out a way to eliminate a few steps in the ironing process. My (ex-Navy guy) Hubby LOVES starch- if I could skip that step, that would be nice!

Alice  – (November 14, 2008 at 10:41 AM)  

I'm late....but for what it's worth....I would LOVE a dryer that does all those things...and I'd be willing to pay for it!

As far as improving ironing...I either dry clean or toss it back in the dryer. With the exception of sheets - which I do iron. Could you make an ironing board big enough for sheets??? That I would pay big bucks for, too. (And the kitchen table does not work for that!)

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP