Status a week later

It's been one week since I started "Operation: Thomas Trouble WILL stay in his OWN bed" and I'm happy to report that he is doing fan-freakin-tastic!

Last night and tonight I told him it was time for bed and he lead the way down the hall to his room. Bed time is now pretty much stress free. He does need me to come in and check on him twice during the first 15 min that he's in his bed each night. I think it's to reassure him that I am just down the hall. He knows not to get off his bed because last Tuesday he got in big trouble for getting out of bed! He is still waking up once a night usually between the 2:oo-4:00am time frame. I am able to get him back down though.

By no means do I think I'm an expert or know it all but my advice to anyone that is having similar problems with there toddlers is this.................
You have to be 100% ready for the battle. I was tired and it had been so much easier to just give in and put him in my bed. I picked a day and said to myself "this is it."
You have to be strong and consistent and follow through. It took 2-3 nights for him to get the message. He has not seen my bed since Sunday, October 26th. If you can make the time when you are ready, you can do it! I'm willing to bet that your toddlers are playing you just like mine was!

If I can do it, trust me, YOU CAN TOO! And you be so glad when you get it under control :)

jenny  – (November 4, 2008 at 12:15 AM)  

cue music: did i ever tell you you're my heeeeerrrrooooo? :) glad to hear 'operation keep thomas in his bed' is a success!

Denise  – (November 4, 2008 at 9:03 AM)  

Congrats on the success, I knew you could do it! and your right you need to be ready for the battle.

Leslie Collins  – (November 4, 2008 at 2:08 PM)  

Jenny's comment is so funny! Yes, you are our hero. I haven't decided to brave that battle quite yet.

Alice  – (November 4, 2008 at 3:16 PM)  

Glad it's going well...and for those of us following behind you in the parenting world (no, not yet...but one day, I hope ;)) it's nice to see "real" moms and how they do it. Thanks for sharing this very real part of your life.

And - you go girl!!!

Unknown  – (November 4, 2008 at 8:19 PM)  

I will have to remember this as we are putting the girls into big girl bed at Christmas break. I'm excited, but not ;)

kim-d  – (November 5, 2008 at 9:05 AM)  

Gosh, Mare, he looks so darn cute and sweet and innocent sleeping in his big boy bed! You did a really good job with this; I'm amazed that you were able to get the job done so quickly!

I miss you...

Happy Days  – (November 9, 2008 at 7:38 PM)  

I love the pictures! I am so glad that he is doing well! Good Work Mamma!!!!

girlymom  – (November 14, 2008 at 12:50 AM)  

Sweet Success!

Sweet Dreams to Everyone in your house!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP