Today's trip to the baby factory

So for all of you out there that can't stand to read blogs that list off a day's worth of events or rants.........this one's not for you tonight. Just hit the little X in the top right hand corner of this window....um, k?

So I had my monthly OB appointment to check on Baby Boy No. 2. My appointment was at 4:45. Like a good patient I showed up and checked in by 4:35. Or so I thought.

I gave my name to the receptionist and sat down. 4:45 comes and goes. People are being called in for the appointments all around me.

Now it's 5:15 and suddenly I over hear her (the AF, DB, AM, PH of a receptionist!) talking to another girl behind the desk about how there are 2) 4:45 no shows and one's a 6 mo. OB appointment.

DING DING DING!!! Could the 4:45 possibly be me??? I pipe up and tell her that I'm a 4:45 and I fit that description and I'm not a no show! She quickly shushes me and says rudely, "No, this is something totally different. You are all set." Okay, back to my seat I go.

5:30 comes and goes.

5:40 "Honey, what was your name again?" she says to me. I tell her.

"Oh, I'm sorry." As she quickly calls back to the nurse.

The receptionist never "officially" checked me in and pulled my paper work to put me in the flow!

I was boiling.

I was not seen until 6:05. My appointment lasted all of 5 min. I couldn't even look at her as I left. She was apologizing and wishing me a Happy Thanksgiving and I couldn't even look at her. Lucky for me I didn't even have to speak to her because I had already made my next month's appointment ahead of time. It would have been one thing if it were just a mistake. But she was rude to me when I tried to double check with her! I hate that place. I do. If I weren't this far along I'd probably switch Dr.'s. As it is I ALWAYS have to wait no matter what. And my visits aren't personal. My Dr. doesn't know me from one patient or the other. The place is an all out baby factory! They push patients through that place like cattle!

So if you made it this far, here's my 24 week belly shot for ya! And aside from the fact that I'm packing on the lbs. like it's no body's business, Baby Boy No. 2 is growing according to schedule and his heart beat sounds nice and healthy :)

Amy  – (November 24, 2008 at 10:54 PM)  

They suck really they do! Who did you see. That's why I like Saliba aka "quack" "quack". Though he's going to be pissed with me that I never went there this year. I am never going to hear the end of it. Who was the receptionist (db)?

Well my belly looks about your size - wtf is my excuse!!! Btw, what are you still doing up?

Robyn  – (November 24, 2008 at 10:56 PM)  

I cannot believe you sat there that long. At 5:15 I would have been rescheduling. That is crap. That is the one nice thing about our hospital/clinics. I have never really had to wait. There is some 30 min policy.
Loving the bump. You're looking great!!!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (November 24, 2008 at 11:27 PM)  

This is the exact reason I chose to go to a midwife or the midwives. At least they were much more personable. I can't believe how rude that woman was to you. I'd switch now. if that doctor doesn't know you now then what is it going to be like when you have your baby?

What garbage.

Michelle Leigh  – (November 25, 2008 at 8:44 AM)  

Ughhh, that would really piss me off! Sorry you had to live that! I love my ob, in fact, I'm sad that I'm not having any more babies cause I really miss her! I loved my clinic too, they remember you and always ask how you are doing. It's great. I know you don't want to switch, but it's never too late.

And despite how you say you are gaining wait, you look fabulous. When I was that far along I was huge!

Denise  – (November 25, 2008 at 11:25 AM)  

OH NO that sucks! And there is not need for them to be rude!! That is very frusterating and like you said you get 5 minutes with the OB! When they said Have a Great Thanksgiving you should have flown then the "bird" if you know what I mean :) Cute belly Have a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family

Anonymous –   – (November 25, 2008 at 12:58 PM)  

When are OBs going to figure out that having a baby is a pretty personal experience and that it would be nice if they actually appeared to give a crap?! I ADORED my OB in California (so much so that I called her for her opinion after we lost Quinn) but feel a bit like cattle at my current OBs office. You look terrific and I am glad to hear Baby Boy is doing well!

kim-d  – (November 25, 2008 at 6:42 PM)  

**BWAHA*snort*BWAHA**--the first line of your post...hehehe!

Awww, Mare, the baby belly is so cute! I am so glad that Baby Boy is doing good and all is well. You look darling...serious!

As for the baby factory, isn't that disgusting? I have had those same types of experiences and I find it inexcusable. Where do they get some of these people, anyway? I have threatened to bill them for MY time that they waste. For some reason, it seems Ob-Gyns are especially bad for being late/absent for appointments. Once I went to pick up a prescription and the pharmacist told me that when he called the Ob-Gyn for the refill, the doctor told him to tell me he wanted me to see me in his office for an appointment. I told the pharmacist to tell the doctor that I HAD been there for an appointment, but he WASN'T; I was there, where was HE. Patronizing, arrogant asses, anyway! BWAHAHAHA!

Zoe  – (November 25, 2008 at 10:17 PM)  

omg. my ob's office is horrid. there is never less than a 2 hour wait. lovely when i'm stuck in there with a kid or 2. you look great!

kimmy  – (November 26, 2008 at 8:53 AM)  

Sorry about the appointment. That really sucks. But, what a cute baby belly you have there! ADORABLE!!!!

Kimmy

Julie  – (November 26, 2008 at 3:13 PM)  

You look great!

That stinks. I can't believe you had to wait!

Kim Airhart  – (November 26, 2008 at 3:55 PM)  

I have to say that you are nicer than me. I would have lost it on the lady. Do they think that you have nothing else to do but to sit there. UGH.. Sorry this is my pregnancy talking..
Love the little baby pump. I'm huge!!

kim-d  – (November 27, 2008 at 9:48 AM)  

Hey my sweet little M-dawg :)! I hope you, Einstein, TT and BB (Baby Boy) have the very best Thanksgiving ever in your new home; such a special year for you with that and BB and TT being such a big boy. And also a very special year for me because now I know you.

Enjoy the holiday!

Leslie Collins  – (November 28, 2008 at 2:51 PM)  

Yeah, I would have been livid, too. That is crazy they had you wait that long.

What an adorable baby bump. :)

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP