Still here, Still crazy

I'm doing this post bullet style. I'm writing this post so that if I ever have another baby I can refer back to this and know how crazy I'm going to be! Have a laugh with me, would you?

So yes, Internet, I still go by the name of Sybil. Crazy Sybil.

* was up all Sunday night with a coughing Thomas Trouble. Never made it to work yesterday for the 4 hours I was planning on.

* had a doctor's appointment yesterday. They somewhat redeemed themselves from my last visit. I did not have to wait more than 5 min in the waiting room. However, I proved just how crazy I am. This is going to be a long bullet..............you see, a friend of a friend lost her baby last week roughly 3 weeks before she was due to deliver. It was her first baby and I have thought of her every day since I heard this news. I do not know her. All I know is that there were no signs or anything that she was going to lose the baby. So at my doctor's appointment yesterday I decide to ask my doctor what the statistics are on still born babies. Can you say WACKADOO! Who in their right mind wants to talk about morbid stuff like that!?!? He looked at me like I had 8 trillion heads, paused and then said "we usually don't talk about this sort of stuff." Then he said "but since you asked.......blah blah blah." Then he asked if I was worried about my baby and if I wanted to move my next appointment up. I still don't think he was convinced that I was fine so he did a full exam of me. Baby is A-ok! I really am not worried about this baby however so many things lately remind me of how much of a miracle having a baby really is. Nothing is guaranteed. Crazy Monday Happening No. 1.

* Had a few more gifts to pick up yesterday and thought I knew exactly where the two stores were. Yeah, I was wrong. I spent nearly 2 hours in traffic going to a store that was not at that location and going to a store that ends up being RIGHT DOWN THE STREET from me. 2 hours wasted in the car. Crazy Monday Happening No. 2.

* Last Thursday I had a terrible sensation in my tooth that felt kind of like my filling had fallen out. The filling was still there but the nerves in that tooth were acting wacky. So I immediately made a dentist appointment. Appointment was yesterday. Tooth stopped being crazy on Friday. Show up to my appointment. Sit and the chair and start to get those "Woman, you are a lunatic" eyes from my dentist. He sends me on my way. My tooth is absolutely fine. Crazy Monday Happening No. 3.

* On the drive home from the dentist I talk to Einstein and he reminds me that I forgot to thaw out chicken for dinner. I lose it and start crying over chicken. Internet, I cried over CHICKEN!!Crazy Monday Happening No. 4.

* Still driving home from the dentist and realize I need gas. I pull into the gas station and pull up to the pump ON THE WRONG SIDE OF MY CAR. I've only been driving this car for 2 + years. I've never done this before! So I drive all the way around and pull up to the correct side. Crazy Monday Happening No. 5.

My life lately is like a crazy outer body experience. I see everything happening and realize just how insane I am but I can not for the life of me do anything about it!

The only thing that made me feel better yesterday was a 4:30 phone call from my doctor's office. My glucose test was normal but my iron levels were pretty low. Why was I happy about my iron being low? Because that's why I feel like an 800 lb. sloth! Seriously, I can't even make it up the flight of stairs in my house without feeling winded and way out of shape. But now I know why and I've already started taking my iron tablet this morning!

Stay tuned for Thomas Trouble's gangsta Santa picture later!

Kim Airhart  – (December 23, 2008 at 10:16 AM)  

I know how you feel girl!! Sunday I didn't feel the baby move until about 3 pm and I made myself sick with worry. It didn't help that I watched deliver me on TLC the week before where a Mom to be lost her baby. Pregnancy has turned me into a nut job so I feel ya...

Trixie Twatwaffle  – (December 23, 2008 at 10:38 AM)  

I still can't watch those TLC shows. My doctor finally told me to stop about half way thru the pregnancy when I would go to her convinced I'd have all this horrible stuff happen.

And crying over chicken? I feel ya.

Michelle Leigh  – (December 23, 2008 at 10:42 AM)  

Oh Mary, at least you are good for a laugh or two! I wasn't really crazy per se, but I was a raging b!tch! Much worse I think, at least for other people! I had the same problem with my tooth! The dentist though I was a nut job, this was right after I had Bennett too and was slightly a nut job!

kim-d  – (December 23, 2008 at 11:19 AM)  

Like I said before, Young Sybil (Mary), meet Old Sybil (kim-d). Together we could be two tonza sloth! And sit and cry about it and then, at some point, laugh hysterically. Until it's time to cry again. I'll tell ya, this menopause junk...in many ways, it was just easier having a period. At least you, Young Sybil, get a baby out of the deal! :) Have some ice cream. It helps.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (December 23, 2008 at 4:59 PM)  

You sound like me when I was carrying Jonathan. I was out of my head with worry and kept forgetting everything...some days my own name. Wow. Hang in there and try not to worry too much, even though it is very hard not to.

Robyn  – (December 23, 2008 at 11:13 PM)  

Hopefully you wont be crazy the whole pregnancy:)

Amy  – (December 27, 2008 at 10:58 AM)  

I am realizing everyday that you are more "normal" than I ever thought. Congratulations!!!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP