31 weeks down and a trip to the hospital

Here's a 31 week belly shot Einstein snapped last night.

This past week wasn't the best.
I fell on the ice on Thursday landing flat on the baby belly which in turn ended up landing me in the hospital for 24 hours. The baby is absolutely fine as am I. I was a little banged up and sore but all in all I am fine. All I can say is that thank God I have not had the pleasure of being put on bed rest. I think I would shoot myself! Being confined to the hospital bed for only 24 hours was long enough for me! I'm going to be super cautious over the next few weeks so that I do not slip again!
The best part about my brief hospital stay...............I was admitted to the birthing unit and I got to hear 3 newborn cries! What a wonderful sound :) I'm certainly not trying to rush this one out but I am anxious to hear his cry! I cracked open the bottle of Dreft today and boy was that a nice smell :) I'm slowly getting ready for him!

Denise  – (January 11, 2009 at 3:51 PM)  

Very glad to hear that things are OK!

kim-d  – (January 11, 2009 at 8:00 PM)  

Oh Mare, you about gave me a heart attack! Then I read you both are fine...just in time, too! You are so darn cute, I just love it. It's not going to long at all now!!!

KG  – (January 11, 2009 at 8:15 PM)  

Yikes! I had a near-miss on ice when I was pregnant with my son. It was TERRIFYING. I'm so glad you guys are both ok.

And PS - you look totally hawt for being 31 weeks. At that point in my pregnancy I looked like a beluga whale.

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs}  – (January 11, 2009 at 9:14 PM)  

Good to hear that things are okay with you!
I am looking forward to doing that first load of clothes in dreft as well! :)

kimmy  – (January 12, 2009 at 8:48 AM)  

Glad you are OK.

Sometimes I still buy a bottle of Dreft and wash the kids clothes in it...just the scent brings back baby memories!

CUTE baby bump too!

Kimmy

Denise H.  – (January 12, 2009 at 6:33 PM)  

You are so Tiny and Cute pregnant. And I am so glad that everything is okay. WHEW! That is Scary!

Leslie Collins  – (January 12, 2009 at 8:43 PM)  

So glad to hear that you and baby are doing fine. What a scary thing to have happened.

Love your baby bump! Cannot belive you are already 31 weeks. It goes so fast, doesn't it?

Anonymous –   – (January 13, 2009 at 1:07 PM)  

You are TOO CUTE! I am so glad that you and the baby are okay - I can't wait to read that he is here!

Robyn  – (January 13, 2009 at 7:16 PM)  

Looking good, I can't believe you only have nine weeks left.

jenny  – (January 13, 2009 at 8:49 PM)  

you look great! glad that you and the babe are fine after taking a fall. :)

Zoe  – (January 13, 2009 at 8:55 PM)  

god you are a cute prego woman! i'm so glad you are ok! be careful!

Happy Days  – (January 18, 2009 at 9:54 AM)  

You look fabulous!!! Don't you wish you could feel as good as you look! Hang in there! It will be all over soon and soooo worth it!

girlymom  – (January 19, 2009 at 5:22 PM)  

I'm so glad you and the baby are both ok! When I was pregnant with #3, I slid down the steps, thankfully my big bum and hips took the brunt of the fall, but I still had to go in and be monitored and have the stress levels of the baby checked out. That alone was stressful, so I cannot imagine what you were going through since you landed on the baby belly! SO grateful all is well!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (January 20, 2009 at 2:59 PM)  

You look great! I'm glad things are OK.

I didn't think that I looked this pregnant, but a lady at the CVS told me today, as we were talking about dry skin, that being pregnant makes my skin drier too.

Huh? Well, unless she knows something I don't! Made me not want to eat those chocolate covered pretzels I got. *sight*

Alice  – (January 21, 2009 at 11:03 AM)  

Glad you're ok. And I LOVE the belly shot. Mine is starting to show just a little. I'm anxious to tell people that I'm not fat, I'm pregnant!

Kim Airhart  – (January 21, 2009 at 3:22 PM)  

I'm cow compared to you.. You look so cute!! I'm huge. Only 35 days left for me.
Be careful on that ice. That is my worst fear right now.

Michelle Leigh  – (January 22, 2009 at 2:36 PM)  

Holy crap, you are an adorable pregnant woman. I was huge at 31 weeks. You are looking so petite! Glad things are fine. Hang in there!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP