Just a little clueless...........

Someone in the picture below (not going to name any names here) suggested to me this morning that maybe I should start using the treadmill for 20 min every night. (After I get TT from "school", make supper, clean up supper, give TT a bath, get TT ready for bed, put TT to bed, and pick up a little bit.) This person thinks it might give me more energy. This person said I wasn't this much of slug during my first pregnancy.

Internet, I'm just about 33 weeks pregnant.
I'm slow.
I'm uncomfortable.
I'm tired.
I know for some women they are able to maintain a workout right up until the end.
I am not one of these women.

I didn't kill him.

I did remind him of the fact that I have just about 7 weeks left. That I'm 35+ lbs heavier than normal. That I have a baby who is in the "go" position. That I have a toddler to chase around. That I have a toddler to get up with in the middle of the night EVERY FREAKING NIGHT! And I reminded him that I didn't have this toddler the first time around.

This person's response: "yeah, that's true."

Internet, I didn't kill him.


* Okay, I'm feeling like I totally threw him under the bus. In "this person's" defense, he does help me a lot and for the most part does all that I ask of him.

He's an engineer..............super smart and can fix anything! He just lacks some common sense sometimes. I still love him though :)

Anonymous –   – (January 22, 2009 at 1:47 PM)  

Where do we go to nominate you for sainthood?! Hubby made a similar comment about me starting to use the eliptical a couple of months ago . . . if I could have raised my leg up high enough to get a good shot in, he wouldn't need to worry about a vasectomy after this baby is born.

You are doing great Momma! (And OMG is it harder the 2nd+ time around!)

Kim Airhart  – (January 22, 2009 at 1:49 PM)  

Oh my my.... I am lazy as hell. I can't even think about working out. It's hard enough to get my ass out of bed to go to the bathroom let alone workout. You have a toddler so you have it way worse..

Michelle Leigh  – (January 22, 2009 at 2:34 PM)  

Wow, I would have killed him! Good for you! Man, I never worked out during pregnancy. ANd yes, it is way harder than the first time around!

Amy  – (January 22, 2009 at 3:42 PM)  

that forementioned person needs a labotomy!!!

girlymom  – (January 22, 2009 at 3:50 PM)  

And where is this someone while you are running around very pregnant doing all of these things?? 5th time around my Hubby has figured out when not to say something. See... so by the 5th time around your someone will have it figured out! :)

Robyn  – (January 22, 2009 at 3:56 PM)  

But you wanted to didn't you:)

kim-d  – (January 22, 2009 at 4:58 PM)  

It's a darn good thing Einstein is a Handsome Devil! :)

He's a very smart man, too, but if he EVER "takes leave of his senses" and says something like that to you again, just look him straight in the eye and ask him if he ever wants to have sex again. Ever. And if so, maybe he should shut it. BWAHAHAHA!

The good part is, it appears the spilling of the mouth is finished. THANK YOU, LORD!!! :)

Denise  – (January 22, 2009 at 6:14 PM)  

You just take it easy! It is WAY harder the 2nd time around with having a kid to chase around. Glad to hear that you didn't kill him, you may need him later on :)

Leslie Collins  – (January 23, 2009 at 7:32 AM)  

just cracking up reading everyone's comments. Too funny!

Good for you on keeping the hubs around. You are a strong woman! :) hahhaa.

You are almost there. Just think, you will be holding a new baby here soon.

Alice  – (January 23, 2009 at 9:12 AM)  

I'm waiting for my husband to say the same thing to me. And let me tell you...you'll hear me all the way from Georgia. :)

Hope these last 7 weeks are restful and peaceful. :)

Wonderful World of Weiners  – (January 23, 2009 at 2:19 PM)  

At least he ONLY bites his nails...and not his skin...and bone...and tendons...

Hallie :)

Zoe  – (January 23, 2009 at 5:51 PM)  

Are you kidding me? Hang in there girlfriend you are in the home stretch!

Trixie Twatwaffle  – (January 24, 2009 at 10:15 PM)  

For the record, I would have killed him.

My exercising when I was pregnant consisted of going into McDonalds when the drive through line was too long wait for my weekly chocolate milkshake. Or the french fries I got on the way home because my commute was too long.

Or NOT parking in the "mommie to be" spot at Babies R Us.

And btw, Mark said the same stuff to me.

kimmy  – (January 25, 2009 at 8:19 AM)  

My husband is an engineer too. Super smart, but sometimes has no common sense!

Kimmy

jenny  – (January 25, 2009 at 7:26 PM)  

omg! i can't even imagine using my treadmill for 20 minutes a night and i'm NOT pregnant - hahaha! no, but really, i'm glad you reminded him you know, what's up and all. :)

KG  – (January 27, 2009 at 8:14 PM)  

Umm ... you should have killed him. Just sayin' ...

just jamie  – (January 31, 2009 at 10:28 AM)  

Oh boy. I live with one of those clueless engineers too. Don't you wish, for maybe just one day, that HE could walk around with a baby belly doing your job?

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP