He's programmed!

So last night I put in Madagascar for Thomas to watch. It's been a month or so since we've watched it. He thought this was great!

If you are familiar with the Madagascar movies, you know that the first one has a beach seen on the cover and the second one has a jeep with a bunch of animals hanging out of it on the cover. This is how Thomas identifies them. It's either "Madagascar Beach" or "Madagascar Cars." (He does the same thing with Toy Story. It's either the "Blue One" or the "Red One.")

So it was time to go to bed and I told him that he could take Madagascar to Gramma's house tomorrow. "I can take the Car One to Gramma's house?" Yes Thomas you can. "OKAY Mamma!"

And off to sleep he went. (Yeah right Internet! If only it were that easy! I'll spare you that part though.)

Fast forward to this morning. I go in to wake him up. I kid you not, the very first thing out of his mouth was "I take the Cars One to Gramma's house Mamma?" No Good Morning or Hello.

Why can't my mind be programmed like this? Did he think about it all night so he'd remember? It's as if he picked up EXACTLY where he left off last night! Is it because that's ALL he had to think about?

I suppose if I didn't have to think about getting myself ready, taking care of the dog, packing bags and the car, getting the kids out of the house, getting to work on time, etc. etc.............then maybe I would only have to worry about what DVD I'm going to watch first thing in the morning too!

Alice  – (July 13, 2009 at 3:21 PM)  

Dude...that is SO important!! How cute. I can't wait til I'm having those conversations with my little one.

Denise  – (July 13, 2009 at 4:44 PM)  

awwww the life of a child!It is a big deal to them. What a doll.

Robyn  – (July 13, 2009 at 9:28 PM)  

Isn't that funny how they do that. Maggie is still asking where scooby is after we saw him the beginning of June.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (July 15, 2009 at 5:36 PM)  

I am amazed at their memory. Jonathan fell asleep for a nap today, woke up at one point and mumbled "paygroun!" because I'd told him that when he gets up we can go to the playground. He fell back asleep and hasn't demanded it yet, but I know he will as soon as supper is over! :-)

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP