Slap me

Internet, last night I was overwhelmed with Mr. Mean. Overwhelmed in a good way. A really good way. Like, as in, I couldn't get enough of him and didn't want to put him down. This is the first time I have felt this way about him.

You see, for 14-16 weeks I worried about this kid. Not only did his screaming and crying make me crazy, it made me worry. And I worried a lot. He didn't smile and he always looked glazed over to me. He didn't want to be held. If he wasn't screaming, he was sleeping and God help you if you disrupted him once he got comfortable!

All of this changed over the past couple of weeks. And he's happy now. Really happy. And he's content. I can finally hold him and it feels like he wants to be held. He plays now. He lights up with a huge smile when you talk to him. And he talks back. He squeals and yells and likes to hear his voice. And he laughs. And oh how I love his laugh! Just like his brother, it's a contagious laugh.

Over the past week David has been gnawing on everything in sight. Everything in front of his face has ended up in his mouth and he's been biting his spoons at every chance. So it shouldn't have been a surprise to me that he cut his first tooth yesterday. But it was a surprise. And it overwhelmed me. And it shocked me that other than trying to devour everything in sight, he never made a peep or cried over this tooth. Instead, he was super happy last night and really playful. I just couldn't get enough of him!

Mr. Mean, you're not mean any more.........you are quite delightful :) And you're growing way to fast! Slow down a little bit so I can enjoy your infancy longer before you crawl away!

Anonymous –   – (July 29, 2009 at 2:20 PM)  

I love pictures of the two of them together! I can only imagine how difficult the last few months have been on you - I am so glad to hear that his personality is really coming through and that he is thriving.

Robyn  – (July 29, 2009 at 6:16 PM)  

I'm so glad things are so much better. Him and T look great together.

Alice  – (July 31, 2009 at 7:53 AM)  

Oh. I love the picture. And I'm glad we're happy now!! :)

Happy Days  – (July 31, 2009 at 6:19 PM)  

This made me get a little teary! He is so cute! I am so glad he is better! I was worried too!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP