He's a grinder!

Internet, I had to climb in with Thomas Trouble last night and for the love of God I wanted to strangle him.................

HE GRINDED HIS TEETH ALL NIGHT LONG!
It's like nails on a chalk board! And totally gives me the heebie jeebies! I have tried to reproduce this noise in my own mouth to try to figure out how he's doing it, and I can't.

He only does it in his sleep. Just thinking about it, I get goose pimples! How do I stop this? Why is he doing this? Please make it stop before the people in white suits come and take me away!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I just love this picture of Mr. Mean!

Hard to believe he use to look like this, huh?(And you wonder why I call him Mr. Mean? Just look at that scowl!)

Unknown  – (November 17, 2009 at 12:29 PM)  

Oh, man. Colin is a teeth grinder and it's so bad that it can wake me out of a deep sleep. I sure don't hope the girls pick that up.

He used to have a mouth guard, but after a year, ground right through that and he hasn't gone back for another.

Not to scare you or anything (and this is nothing medically proven, it's just what I've noticed), the worst of Col's teeth grinding is when he's stressed or upset about something. When life is good and everyone's happy, he doesn't grind (or at least not hard as to wake me up).

On the bright side, one of my girls had a brief stint of teeth grinding in her sleep but it only lasted a few weeks ...

Happy Days  – (November 17, 2009 at 1:20 PM)  

How could you blame him from having that scowl on his face? Do you remember his entrance into the world? I know you remember! He shot out so fast he nearly ended up in the trash! I bet you would look the same way! Poor Mr. Mean! He is so darn cute!

Robyn  – (November 17, 2009 at 4:02 PM)  

I'm a teeth grinder myself, and like huckdoll said it may be stress, because that is the only time I do it. If it is consistent you can try a mouth guard. My dentist said to try the cheap one first and if necessary get a molded one.

Denise  – (November 17, 2009 at 5:59 PM)  

awww cute picture of Mr. Mean. I just want to squeeze his cheeks

kim-d  – (November 17, 2009 at 6:36 PM)  

I cannot believe how much older The Meatball is starting to look! My favorite is when they still have that bird-feather, super-fine, sticky-uppy hair...and he's now beyond that. Awww...The Meatball's not mean, just misunderstood! :)

I have my very own personalized, specially-made night guard. I think it makes me grind even worse. I don't know when the grinding started and I don't even know if I still do it, but it doesn't feel great to the one doing the grinding, either. Jaws get so tight!

The grinding doesn't seem to be bothering The Norminator...or maybe he just can't hear it, what with the cone and all. BWAHAHAHAHA!

Mrs4444  – (November 17, 2009 at 11:07 PM)  

Kyle was a scowler when he was a baby and toddler. Today, he's just a bit cranky :) These pics are adorable. I think they grind their teeth because nature gives them a back-up set. :)

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP