Mornings

So um, yeah, we're still playing musical beds every night Internet. (Zip it! I don't want to hear your opinions, thankyouverymuch! Trust me, I know it's not good but it's called SURVIVAL.)

There have been some improvements, like that fact that Thomas Trouble does not come in our bed any more. Instead, I go in his. I usually don't go in until around 3:00am though. I'm okay with this right now. What I'm not okay with is this..................
Mr. Mean has been waking up every freakin night/morning anywhere between 3:00-5:00am. Today it was 4:00am. (Thanks daylight savings!) And since I'm in TT's bed, Einstein brings MM into our bed. And that little meatball roundness snuggles right in and goes back to sleep. Can you say one step forward, two steps back? Um, yeah. So not cool.

Mornings in our house are crazy. As I'm sure they are in any household with little kids. They are loud, chaotic and in our house, funny. Because, just as much as I yell, I laugh. I laugh because I love hearing Einstein sing along to all of the Nick Jr. shows, especially Kai-Lan. There is nothing funnier than hearing Einstein at the top of his lungs, saying "Ni Hao!!!" And I'm sure, that never in a million years did he ever think he'd know the words to Kai-Lan or Wonder Pets, or Blues Clues, etc. etc. And I love the giggles that come out of bombarding Einstein in bed.
And can you say holy round head Mr. Mean! All I see when looking at this picture, is one big round circle. A cute circle at that!
Internet, I don't want to ever forget our mornings. Even though some days they seem like pure hell, they bring out a lot of smiles from me and Einstein :)

Anonymous –   – (November 5, 2009 at 12:09 PM)  

Dude. We are ALL about survival around here. And we too love that our kids wake up happy - even if it means that the hubby and I don't wake up together.

David's head cracks me up! Round is right!

Unknown  – (November 5, 2009 at 12:57 PM)  

One of my girls now comes and crawls into our bed anywhere between 3 and 6 and it's actually pretty sweet (as long as she actually sleeps)...

Cute post - I loved all of the pictures!

Michelle Leigh  – (November 5, 2009 at 1:41 PM)  

That picture of David in bed is so adorable! I'd snuggle up with him every morning! Mornings at our house are not usually funny, bedtimes are, but not mornings. I'm glad you see the bright side of the morning, someone has to!

Leslie Collins  – (November 5, 2009 at 3:02 PM)  

It's all about surivival around out house, too. Your mornings sounds a lot like ours. Chaotic, Nick Jr. and everything else that goes along with it, too. :)

Robyn  – (November 5, 2009 at 10:07 PM)  

I hear the survival. The girl still comes in our bed every stinkin' night. Sometimes I don't notice until I'm getting up for work. I love that your hubby yells Ni Hao, cuz I do too.

Kim Airhart  – (November 6, 2009 at 3:44 PM)  

I think that being a Mom is all about survival. You do what you need to do to get by and anyone with an opinion can just keep it to themselves.
By the way your little men are soooooo adorable.

Happy Days  – (November 10, 2009 at 4:48 PM)  

I wanted to press the "like" button after reading this! You are too cute! Love you and them!!!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP