Did you hear that?

Internet, don't worry, it was just me screaming!  Why?  Because I've had someone in my house sick for the past 12 days.  Yeah, it's been fun!

It started on Dec. 18th with Mr. Mean having RSV and double ear infections.  Two pediatrican visits, 1 ER visit, 2 antibiotics and a bunch of nebulizer treatments later, he kicked it!  PHEW!  It wasn't fun listening to him breath like that although he looked so darn cute with the fish mask on!


Then this past Sunday Thomas Trouble got the pukies.........wonderful!  It didn't last long.......he got sick twice and proceeded to moan and groan and whine on the couch the rest of the day.  Yesterday he seemed to be doing better but then I realized that at about 2:00pm yesterday he hadn't urinated since oh, about 9pm the night before...........17 hours with no peeing?  I mean I know he has a bladder made of steel but c'mon WTF!  So yeah, then I went into panic mode because not only was he not peeing, he didn't want to drink!  Finally Einstein was able to get liquids in him and got him to pee.  He was doing great when I got home from work.  He then had more to drink and some plain waffles.  Fast foward to 4:00am this morning and I find him laying sideways in his bed with vomit everywhere ASLEEP.  WHAT?!?!  There wasn't a peep out of him!  Infact, when I was waking him up to clean up the situation, he was like "huh?  What you doing mommy?"  Needless to say he's home again today with Einstein.  Einstein's under the weather too with a very sore throat.  Trust me when I tell you I am very happy to be out of my germ infested house!  I've walked circles today and the days past spraying Lysol!  The worst part about the pukies...........waiting for your turn :(

ON A POSITIVE NOTE........guess who's doing tricks now?  All in a week he's:
crawling
getting himself in a sitting position (and doing it in his crib too)
pulling himself up to stand
holding his own bottle when leaned back
clapping
and reaching for the sky with both hands when you say "Baby David is SO big!"



Way too many big boy things in one week for this Mama!

Denise  – (December 29, 2009 at 11:52 AM)  

oh man you have been a busy momma! Hope that things start to get better SOON! break out the bleach and clean everything:)

what a cute picture of the boys by the tree with all of their goods.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (December 29, 2009 at 1:42 PM)  

Oh my word! That's awful. As a mother of a child who has been sick often, my heart aches for you. Last year Jonathan was so sick at one point he wouldn't eat or drink and yes, had stopped peeing. I was in freak out mode for sure. A lot of prayer later and he started to take a little juice in.

I hope both of your boys recover very soon!

Robyn  – (December 29, 2009 at 6:34 PM)  

No fun at all. I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP