Linus

You guys, promise me one thing before you keep reading...........what happens on this blog, stays on this blog.  Okay?  I really don't want any knocks on my door right now!  Okay?  Thanks!

Mr. Mean is going to be the death of me!  He is ONE of the many reasons I don't sleep through the night.  Why?  Because every two freaking minutes HE does this............


So I tiptoe in and slowly pull it off of him and sneak back out of his room and plop my hiney back on my couch or in my bed and then about 5 minutes later HELL BREAKS LOOSE FROM HIS LITTLE ROOM!  From the time he was teeny tiny he has loved to have his head swaddled!  Yeah, WEIRD I know.  It's a constant struggle.  Last night he nearly went through the roof after I took his beloved blankie away from him!  The screams!  OH MY LORD THE SCREAMS!  So I went back in and gave him another one.

He stopped instantly and snuffed it.  I can not tell you how many times a night I am in and out of his room!  And we've tried other things but HE DOESN'T WANT OTHER THINGS OR SMALLER BLANKIES!  We've already tried cutting them in half.  Tonight they are getting quartered.  It's a terrible feeling to wake up at 7:30am and think to yourslef........."hmmmm I haven't heard from Mr. Mean yet?" as you are tripping trying to get into his room that is 2 feet across the hall as fast as you can to check him.  Although it is quite nice to be greeted with the biggest smile ever beaming at you from a crib!

Mr. Mean, you're very slowly killin' this Mama!

kim-d  – (December 15, 2009 at 12:53 PM)  

Oh Mare, that must be so scary! If only he could keep it off his head...I loved the second pic, where he is clutching onto his blankie, so cute...man, that kid has some big hands!

Mr. Mean, aka The Meatball, = the kid that keeps Mama hoppin'!

Robyn  – (December 15, 2009 at 2:07 PM)  

I know that feeling. We went against the whole "back to sleep" since the only way we could get her to sleep was on her tummy. I had the monitor cranked for the longest time just to hear her breathe.

Kristen Fein –   – (December 15, 2009 at 8:45 PM)  

awwwwww little meatball!!! he does it at daycare too! we usually just pull it to the side lol. but then....it ends up back on his face! such a freakin cutie he is!

Anonymous –   – (December 16, 2009 at 3:07 PM)  

How cute is he?! Briar has a tiny little blanket with a pig head on the corner that I feel comfortable letting her have - though I still freak out if she doesn't wake up to nurse at least once a night!

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs}  – (December 18, 2009 at 11:28 PM)  

Brady does the EXACT same thing! He loves his blankie right on his face. Fortunately its like one of those small baby blankies that have the head of an animal in the middle, just 12x12 or so. But still freaks us out when we check on him and its completely draped over his face!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (December 22, 2009 at 4:30 PM)  

That would freak me out completely! I'm always checking on my little one and this one would scare me!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP