Two Left Feet and a Thumbs Up

Internet, a while ago I taught Thomas to give the "thumbs up."  It has since evolved into something different, I think.  Something that I hope means what I think it means. 

I use to do it to him when he'd figure out how to do something.  Or when we'd finish something.  Or even when he'd be settled down at night.  I still will give him the "thumbs up" on occassion but I don't think too much of it.  However, it's when he initiates it with me that I suddenly find myself melting.

Thomas Trouble has a pretty strict bedtime routine.  Strict in that, if we stray from it, he loses it!  Potty, little lamp on, book, Mama, g'night!  That's it.  So last night Einstein took care of the first 3 things and TT hung out in there until I was able to go in and hug and kiss him and reassure him that I'll be back in later to check on him.  I did this, left his room and put up the gate.  (If that gate isn't up and Norman gets under those covers with him...............Internet, it's not pretty!)  Any who, I'm adjusting the gate and TT says "Mama.............."  I turn to him and with a big grin he gives me the "thumbs up" and lays himself back down.  I gave it back and that was it.  No words.  Not another peep out of him.  And this isn't the first time he's done it this exact way.

What I hope it means........

I'm content.
I'm happy.
I love you.

And here's my little rockstar so proud of himself for putting on his own boots this morning!


Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (January 7, 2010 at 11:19 PM)  

Hubby had our kid doing that thumbs up thing too. IT's so cute! And so is he!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP