Life would be so boring, wouldn't it?

Internet, we made our 4th trip to the emergency room in 11 months last night. I was slightly embarrassed when the ER nurse remembered us. I feel like I have to give the disclaimer that "No, he's not my only one." so they don't think I over react. (No offense to the first timers out there!)

The first visit was for Thomas Trouble when he knocked the day lights out of himself in the shower when Mr. Mean was 3 weeks old. That was the real exciting one.........we got an ambulance ride from that one! The rest, including last night's visit, were for the one and only Mean one himself.

Internet, it's probably a safe bet that Mr. Mean will be turning his nose up at carrots for the foreseeable future. Yup, Mr. Mean had a doozie of a choke last night on a piece of carrot. It easily took about 5-10 years off of my life. I'm kind of bummed because with his already picky eating habbits, carrots were a favorite.

He's fine. He had some coughing and uncomfortableness a few hours after the fact that kept him up. He also sounded like a barking seal. So just to be sure there were no lingering carrot particles, we had him checked out. His x-rays were clear although we're told that doesn't mean there couldn't still be something in there. We're to keep a close eye on him over the next 24 hours.

Mr. Mean, this isn't quite the kind of excitement I was looking for from you! Both my nerves and my pocketbook have had enough. The next time you want to get a rise out of me, perhaps you could randomly walk across the living room floor on your own or say your ABCs.

That would be exciting!

Alice  – (February 23, 2010 at 2:28 PM)  

OMG! I'm with you - I'm much more comfortable getting things checked out - just to make sure. But I am a first time mama! LOL!!!

Glad he's OK. I hope today has been better.

Alice  – (February 23, 2010 at 3:37 PM)  

I know you aren't picking on first timers. But I am admitting that I'm one of those who gives first timers a bad name!! :) I probably drive my peditrician nuts with all my calls and emails (yeah, he regrets giving me his email address!!) - but there are some things I just don't know (well most things). So I ask. I've heard most parents are a lot more relaxed with #2...although it sounds like your #2 is giving you a run for your money!!!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (February 23, 2010 at 8:09 PM)  

That is terrifying! The last time we went Jonathan had cut his head open...then there was the pink eye on Christmas forgot about that. And the ear infections and ... yeah...they know us well there. *sigh*

Robyn  – (February 24, 2010 at 8:15 PM)  

At least he's ok. I have taken to calling the nurse line to check if I should bring her in for anything.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP