YOU, my loyal Internet-ians.........

I need your help!

Really, I do. I need you to leave me comments with your suggestions.

Because this is serious stuff!

Really, it could make my mornings a little more pleasant. Because *maybe* just *maybe* Thomas Trouble wouldn't wake up screaming "I have boogers!" while losing his sh&t!

I mean, I really don't want to gross you all out but I'm kind of at a loss here. And I know this is probably a little TMI for all of you but here goes........

Thomas Trouble wakes up stuffy. Usually a few sneezes of atomic snot rockets gets it all out and we're good. But occasionally we have a morning like today and well, there just aren't any sneezes but a whole lot of boogers up there!

He knows how to go get a tissues and he knows how to wipe his nose. But for the love of God, the kid CAN NOT blow his nose. He snorts it all back in instead. And I just don't know how to teach him to blow out. I've been trying for a year! Really, I'm begging you for suggestions here!

Please and Thank You!

Oh, and there IS a new "gurwal" at school that has a yellow lunch box and her name is Isabelle and she is ADORABLE!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (February 26, 2010 at 2:36 PM)  

Have you tried saline nasal spray (Ayr and there is another one called Little Noses for kids). If you have to hold him down, do it, spray it up his nose (non-medicated) and that will make the boogers less sticky and they will flow out rather than have to be blown out. If you do it a few times a day you can really get that stuff out of there.

Robyn  – (February 27, 2010 at 6:10 PM)  

I show Maggie how to blow when I want her to. I go blow like this, and force air through my nose and she mimics it. Though the boy, he's 13 and I still don't know if he has figured it out. I drove us nuts.

Anonymous –   – (February 27, 2010 at 11:50 PM)  

This is going to sound really awful, but . . . have him pretend to blow out candles on a birthday cake, and at the last minute put the Kleenex up to his nose and gently cover his mouth. It will force the air out of his nose, and at the very least give him an idea of what blowing his nose is like. So wrong, right?

(And I love your new profile picture! Is that courtesy of Miss Amy?!)

lisa  – (February 28, 2010 at 11:47 AM)  

I love your new prof. pic and your new blog look too! My 7 year old is still trying to figure out the whole blowing thing. . . It makes me gag just thinking about it. . . maybe that is why!

Alice  – (March 5, 2010 at 9:53 AM)  

We use a snot sucker. It is not pleasant. But it is effective.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP