Thoughts that go through my head at night......

First and foremost, my fellow Internetians, I know that the thoughts I'm about to share with you are probably ridiculous! And for the most part, they make me sound crazy!

But here goes..........

Internet, I have a RIDICULOUS fear of the stomach bug.

And I know that by putting it out there, I'm probably jinxing my whole family. But perhaps by going ahead and putting it out there, maybe, just one of you........might tell me I'm not alone.

Thomas Trouble has been waking up at night again. And after we let him in our bed or I go into his bed with him............I can't go back to sleep.

Last night he woke up around 2:30 or 3:30, not totally sure, and he told us he was cold. My initial though.......he's got a fever, he's going to throw up! (Last time the bug hit, I was freezing and couldn't get warm until I threw up.........wicked fever!) You see, it makes sense in my head! Forget the fact that maybe he was cold because some how he became uncovered. Nope, those thoughts don't go through my head! So after letting him in my bed, the whole "he might get sick thing" goes through my head. Some times the thoughts are so bad I get all worked up and go sleep on the couch because I don't want to be puked on!

This wasn't just last night. It's usually about once a week.

Seriously. I know it's messed up.

I feel better after sharing that with you though!

(crawling back in my cave now.)

Anonymous –   – (March 29, 2010 at 3:27 PM)  

I am not too terribly afraid of colds and the like, but stomach bugs? I am right there with you! Upset tummies and the puking (and other bodily functions that go with it) scare me! Cooper had always been one to get violently carsick - I keep no fewer than 12 bags within my reach in the car just in case I have driven too far, to fast, or with the heat on too high.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (March 30, 2010 at 10:22 PM)  

Yeah...I am not a fan of being puked on later and once it has happened once then ... you're afraid it will happen again. It's a bit of a legitimate fear!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP