Too ridiculous to forget!

Seriously, sometimes I wish I could slap myself!

Friday I took the boys up to have dinner with my Dad. Einstein was home but was going to be working on a friend's car. So off we went.

While my Dad was making dinner Thomas Trouble was asking to go outside. So I took them for a walk around the block.

About three quarters of the way back to my Dad's I see someone I know from my sister's neighborhood. We say "hello" and gawk at each other's children and comment about how fast they are growing.

She looks at me and says, "Your little one's name is escaping me".

Internet, what I'm about to tell you has had me cringing every time I think about it!

Do you know what my response was to her statement?

It was blank.

As in a blank stare.

At her.

At Mr. Mean.

Totally blank.

And not for just like a second. It was blank long enough for me to respond "Wow, it's escaping me too."

And then blank for a few more seconds until it finally hit me.

"David! His name is David." I FINALLY said.

You guys, I never felt so small in my life!

Anonymous –   – (March 22, 2010 at 3:53 PM)  

I am not laughing hysterically at this post. No, not me!

(Furthur proof that children live off of their parent's brain cells!)

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (March 22, 2010 at 10:51 PM)  

Oh my word....that's not good! I'm not sure I've ever gotten that bad. I did forget the name of my husband one time. Is that bad too? :-) This post seriously cracked me up!

Denise  – (March 23, 2010 at 9:55 AM)  

OH BOY! Mary Mary Mary you need a day off! But good thing is that you did remember!! ha ha ha

Unknown  – (March 24, 2010 at 12:26 PM)  

That's hysterical, I can totally picture it. Don't feel bad at all! I can never tell my girls apart in public, on the spot situations and makes me feel kind of like that, too :)

jenny  – (March 24, 2010 at 4:34 PM)  

hilarious! i forget how old i am quite a bit ... haha! just last week i actually had to sit and count it out from my birth year. we are losing our minds! ha!

Jen  – (March 26, 2010 at 2:13 PM)  

Wow! So kind of you to share that with the rest of us. We feel so much better about our forgetful selves now.
Thank you!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP