The WEIGHT of ONE

So Internet, the time has come................Mr. Mean is one.

What does this MEAN?

It MEANS that this Mama has NO MORE EXCUSES!

You see I am not one of the lucky ones that has a baby and bounces right back 3 months later. Nope, it's not me!

At twelve months I kick it into GET THIS WEIGHT THE EFF OFF OF ME NOW mode.

I did it with Thomas and was successful by the time he was 18 moths old. (Holy moly.......boobs where they should be and a skinny waist! Who cares if the last 5 were shed because of the stomach bug!)

The kicker...........I didn't even get to enjoy it. Or maybe I did? You do the math!

So from this point forward, IT'S ON! Or should I say IT'S OFF?

I have a couple of motivating factors..............

*Einstein's trying to.
*We vacation in Maine on the lake. Which means I put this body in a bathing suit. And last year I disgusted myself every time I put it on. Internet-ians, I don't want to buy a new bathing suit this year. Nope, this hiney WILL fit into the one I haven't worn in 2 years! After that, I will buy a new one as a reward!
*I am in a wedding in September and not to mention I have 3 other's to attend around that time. This Mama will not have woogada (pronounced: woo-ga-da) dangling from my arms!

And the no. 1 motivating factor...........I'll be 30 in less than a month. And I feel like if I don't get in control now.........it's all downhill after that! I'm sick and tired of feeling like a frumpy mummy! I want to feel energetic again! I want to be able to keep up with chasing Mr. Mean all over creation this summer!

Here's the skinny............I have 12-15 lbs to lose. I have a treadmill. I have a bowflex. And I have Jillian Michaels. I have NO excuses!

*I've added a little spot over there on the right side of this blog called "Bringing Skinny Back" to outline my goals for the day. I'm hoping that by putting it out there, it will help keep me accountable!

amy  – (March 9, 2010 at 10:42 AM)  

you can do it duffy moon! you have competition to, and you know how that goes.... lol

Unknown  – (March 9, 2010 at 11:29 AM)  

Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred pretty much changed my life! It's an awesome program and the results are very visible.

Good luck ... of course you can do it ... that amount of pounds is not too much, you'll probably see half of it drop off in the first two weeks of serious working out!

kim-d  – (March 9, 2010 at 12:16 PM)  

First...

**HAPPIEST OF HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY, DARLING DAVID!!!**

Second...

TINA, YOU FAT LARD...LAY OFF THE DINNER!

BWAHAHAHA...I kid! You will do it, my friend; I have total and complete confidence in you. But...right now, today...you are NOT a frumpy mummy. To me, you are anything BUT frumpy. You are beautiful.

Third...

INTERNET-IANS??? BWAHAHAHAHA...I LOVE THAT! :)

Michelle Leigh  – (March 9, 2010 at 2:07 PM)  

Good for you Mary! It's the best decision I've ever made for myself! I am almost 20 pounds lighter. It must be the turning 30 thing, I started 2 days after my bday!

Oh, and happy bday to mr. david. What an adorable little man!

Alice  – (March 9, 2010 at 2:18 PM)  

I'm doing it too. It's been slow going...(and some back and forth), but I'm down around 14 lbs with about 10 more to go. I know you can do it.

And how in the world ins Mr. Mean 1 already?!?!?!?

jenny  – (March 9, 2010 at 2:46 PM)  

work it girl! best of luck. i'm going to be in the same boat after this next kid is evicted. :)

happy birthday mr. mean! i swear you just had that kid mary! time flies.

Anonymous –   – (March 9, 2010 at 6:35 PM)  

Well... that's interessting but to be honest i have a hard time visualizing it... wonder how others think about this..

Robyn  – (March 9, 2010 at 7:47 PM)  

Go girl. I am working on it myself.

Anonymous –   – (March 9, 2010 at 11:40 PM)  

Happy 1st Birthday, Mr. Mean! I can't believe it has been a year!

And I am currently in the midst of Operation: Lose The Baby Weight. I don't know if it is the fact that I have had 4 babies in 4 years or the fact that I am now in that 30-year age bracket, but this baby weight is kicking my ass! Good luck, Momma!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP