David 3, Thomas 2

Before I explain the title to this post and also explain this picture,I have to tell you about Thomas Trouble's conversation with Kai-Lan the other night. Yes, Internet he was talking to the television. I overheard him say "I like to snuggle with Mama." and I said "What'd you just say?" To which he replied, "I was talking to Kai-Lan Mama." Apparently she asked who he likes to snuggle with. Yeah, I melted a little bit. (Or maybe a lot.)

Oh, that picture? You want to know about that ugly picture up there? Yes it is MY leg. And consider these next few paragraphs a public service announcement.

Kids, do not try this at home!

So remember this post and how I wasn't feeling well? I still wasn't feeling well on Monday. I was feeling a little hungover and foggy from my migraine. Despite not feeling 100%, I decided to go pick the boys up from "school" around 4:30pm. I get there and grab TT's lunch box and sign him out. Downstairs I scoop up Mr. Mean, sign him out, and pick up another lunch box. My arms and hands are now full and I'm approaching a baby gate that I can either climb over or unlock and swing open. Of course in my foggy state of mind and wanting to get out of there fast, I try to climb over it. Putting Mr. Mean down to unlock and open the gate would cost me time chasing him down and we all know that time is precious.

Yeah, you probably guessed it.

I never made it over the damn gate. In fact, I landed farther away from the gate than I started!

I lifted one leg up and back I went. Onto and over a chair ultimately landing on top of Mr. Mean. It was ugly and awful. My twenty six pound Mr. Mean is apparently made out of rubber though. Because as far as I know, he bounced. Without a scratch, bump or bruise. His Mama on the other hand, was not so lucky.

Aside from taking a few years off of my life, that fall left me pretty banged up. Bruised ribs, obviously a very bruised and swollen leg, and a cut on my arm.

The thing that hurt me the most.................

Mr. Mean's cry. It was a different cry than I've ever heard from him before. And we all know that Mr. Mean use to cry, a lot. You guys, that cry scared the pants off of me! In fact, I cried hysterically for about an hour and a half after the failed gymnastics trick. And sharing this little story with you, is bringing me to tears again. He cried like that because he was frightened.

Aside from feeling scared, I felt stupid. Stupid for putting my child in danger like that. Who does that?

Any way..........

Please you guys, don't ever climb over a baby gate with your baby in your arms.

And the title of this post..........I'll share that tomorrow.

lisa  – (April 28, 2010 at 6:40 PM)  

Awww Mare! I hate when you cry! I am so glad that you and MM are ok! Take it easy! I hope you get some much needed and deserved sleep tonight! XOXO

Robyn  – (April 28, 2010 at 8:50 PM)  

I'm glad you guys are ok. I slid down the stairs with Maggie in my arms so I know exactly what that scream sounded like.

jenny  – (April 29, 2010 at 2:00 PM)  

ouch! glad everyone is okay. well, you might have seen better days, but the wee one is okay. i also fell down the stairs with tucker in my arms - FREAKED me out. take care girl!

Anonymous –   – (April 29, 2010 at 2:47 PM)  

OUCH! That looks AWFUL and I can only imagine how awful both it and you feel after that! Thank goodness MM wasn't hurt!

Denise  – (April 29, 2010 at 9:28 PM)  

OMG Mary! I hope that gets better soon. Glad that Mr. Mean is okay too. I fell down the stairs with one of my girls too! Good lord scares the crap out of you.

hushmama  – (April 30, 2010 at 8:30 AM)  

wow. that is some bruise! functioning after a migrain is a challenge...don't be so hard on yourself. i'm glad your little one bounced :)

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (May 1, 2010 at 5:59 PM)  

Oh my word! You've had some week! I won't tell you my story about baby gates...well, we don't know if it was a baby gate incident or not, but they can be dangerous is what I will say (something bad happened to an uncle of mine...I'm glad that you are sort of OK!)

Jen  – (May 1, 2010 at 8:30 PM)  

Oh man! I am so sorry that happened! I bruised my rib back in December when I had bronchitis and it sucked! Don't feel bad, though. I'm sure Mr. Mean has already forgotten about it. Kids are so resilient.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP