Group fail?

Most definitely not.

Internet, some people think a picture is only perfect if everyone is looking at the camera and smiling. Sure, a picture certainly IS nicer on the eyes when everyone cooperates, the light is awesome and the camera and photographer is top notch.

However, for purposes of capturing the moment and the personalities of these little kids as they were........these are the picture that are perfect to me and will forever be cherished.
Easter 2010

They are the ones that speak of the chaos that erupts when the seven of them get together. The laughter, the giggles, the jokes.............

Way back when I started this blog, when there were only six of them, I talked of them as the "Breakfast Club". John, Charlie, Matt, Abby, Thomas and William. The Gentleman, the Brain, the Badass, the Beauty Queen, the Bully and the Jock, respectively. While things have only slightly changed, in that we have a couple overlapping "Gentlemen and Brains and Jocks" and an additional Badass........the underlying personalities are still the same.
Easter 2008

Internet, I can not tell you how fun it is to go back and have these pictures to compare......to see what makes them, them.........individually and as a whole.

This.

The pictures.

Them.

It's why I have this blog.

I don't want to forget.

Ever.

lisa  – (April 9, 2010 at 3:44 PM)  

OK Mary! You got me this time! I just had a very good, HAPPY cry! I am so glad you have this blog for the same reason! Thank you so much for sharing! I don't ever want to forget either!

lisa  – (April 9, 2010 at 3:44 PM)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
lisa  – (April 9, 2010 at 3:46 PM)  

just wanted to add. . . I don't think William has gained any weight since then! He was such a chubba bubba! :) They are all sooooo precious! I love them!

Anonymous –   – (April 10, 2010 at 6:01 PM)  

Oh, Mary! What an awesome, awesome post! You are so right in saying that the best photographs aren't always the 'perfect' photographs! When Amy posted those shots on FB, I had the same thought as you - look at how perfectly she captured their personalities and the fun that they have together. Priceless.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (April 11, 2010 at 10:15 PM)  

They are so sweet! I love their personalities in both these photos!

kim-d  – (April 12, 2010 at 2:28 PM)  

I love these children. Truly. I do! And I know that I will never, ever forget them. The first time I saw pictures of them...each and every one of them...I was charmed and in love. Some things will never change! :)

Jen  – (April 12, 2010 at 8:08 PM)  

I love those pictures! The ones with a bunch of smiling kids in matching sweaters? I always wonder if drugs were involved.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP