His dad outfit

Thomas Trouble loves this shirt and tie. He calls it his "dad clothes". And it's kind of funny because Einstein barely ever wears a tie.

And if you know my kids at all Internet, this picture is screaming with their personalities.

Yesterday was such a gorgeous day. Einstein was in Maine with Pop so me and the boys packed up and spent the day in Quincy. We spent the majority of the afternoon outside. And while it was wonderful, we're paying for it by way of allergies today.

And just a few other things..............

Really really kicking myself for ever going along with the whole "fish tank" instead of "fish bowl" thing. We bought 3 knew fish on Saturday which brought us to 4 fish. This morning I found one wrapped around the the filter. We're back down to 3.

If you tell Mr. Mean to "sit down", he does it. And if you then say "good boy", he smiles. He's my little puppy dog! And NO, I didn't teach him this. I found out accidentally that he knew the command "sit". Is it still called a command when dealing with a baby and not a puppy?

Thomas Trouble told us recently that he only likes eggs when they're in cakes.

Today was one of those mornings I was inundated with mom guilt. We had to wake both of them up, which isn't usually the case.......well for Thomas it is but not for David. He's got his own built in alarm clock.

It was one of those mornings that I could see the tired in them still and I knew they would have loved to have lounged around in their pjs for just a little while longer.

It was one of the mornings that I felt guilty for MAKING Thomas Trouble eat his breakfast when clearly he just wasn't ready.

It was one of those mornings that would have been great to start the day slowly and maybe go for an early walk.

It was one of those mornings that I wanted to cry because it was just so clear to me that they are getting big so fast.

It was one of those mornings when you wish you didn't have to work because you want to soak up their littleness just a little bit more.

(Working mom pity party over now.)

lisa  – (April 12, 2010 at 1:44 PM)  

if there is anyone on earth that enjoys their kids more, working or not, it is YOU! Don't beat yourself up!!! They just grow way too fast!

kim-d  – (April 12, 2010 at 2:23 PM)  

Awww, Mare...I can't even imagine what mornings like this one feel like for you. They do grow so fast...and after you have so many good times with them over the weekend, Monday mornings just don't seem right. **gives you a big hug and pats your back**

TT rocks the dad clothes...BWAHAHAHA! Man, that kid is a complete character. And the sit/good boy? Mr. NOT-SO-Mean! :D

Jen  – (April 12, 2010 at 8:11 PM)  

Thank you for reminding me that there is ONE benefit to having to get up at 5:15 for work. I leave before Dylan is even awake, so I don't get all weepy when I leave. I'll try to remember that tomorrow at the butt crack of dawn.

Alice  – (April 13, 2010 at 10:16 AM)  

I'm dealing with the working mom guilt now too. It. is. awful.

Anonymous –   – (April 13, 2010 at 5:06 PM)  

How cute are they in their "Dad clothes"?! Cooper is thrilled with his new polo shirt because it is "JUST LIKE Daddy's and Grandpa's!"

And I have so much admiration for working mothers! I cannot even imagine how hard it is to be in your position. Big hugs to you and yours!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP