Week in Review

This past week's theme in Thomas Trouble's "school" has been The Week of The Young Child.


And what a week's its been! He's been able to wake up every day this week with something fun to look forward to.......

Monday: Bring your favorite stuffed animal to school with a walking field trip to a local nursing home. He got to bring a back pack with an Easter Bunny that his Nana bought him a few years ago. I thought for sure he was going to bring "Big Boy" but he chose the bunny.

Tuesday: Wear your favorite hat to school. Again I was wrong.......I thought he'd pick one of his fun beach bucket hats but nope! He picked his Red Sox baseball cap. Why? Because Kayden has one too! (FYI, Kayden is his little girlfriend that no longer goes to this school but whom he misses terribly and thinks is coming back.)

Wednesday: Wear your favorite color with a field trip to Kidz Wurld........ON A BUS, Internet! Do you know how fast he got out of bed that morning when I said "Wake up Thooooomas......you're going on a bus today." And his color of the day was RED!

Thursday: Pajama Day! And it was a no lunch box day which meant that snacks that day were surprises! I was greeted at pick up yesterday with all sorts of little people telling me about the awesome brownies they had! And I'm sure you already guessed that he wore Toy Story pajamas, right?

Friday: Wear your favorite sports team. I had to pick this one out for him. He's not really into the local Boston sports scene yet..........tragic, I know. So I picked out matching Red Sox T's for him and Mr. Mean.

You guys, I think I had just as much fun this week as he did! He was full of enthusiasm this week telling me what they did every day. Made this mama feel better for the morning she had this day.

Love this kid!

Anonymous –   – (April 16, 2010 at 3:13 PM)  

What fun! I love the choices that TT made each day - what an awesome way to see how his mind really works! Cooper has sharing every Wednesday and Thursday, and I am consistently surprised with the things he choses to go with each week's theme.

Jen  – (April 16, 2010 at 3:16 PM)  

Oh the cuteness! I want Dylan to go to that preschool! I remember when I taught, having The Week of The Young Child activities. Weird the things I remember, but I remember doing a craft that was dogs made out of toilet paper rolls, and we pasted pictures of the kids faces on the dogs, and let them decorate them however they wanted. The parents thought they were hysterical.

kim-d  – (April 18, 2010 at 1:51 PM)  

Awwww, I am so glad that TT had such a great week; that makes me so happy! I love his enthusiasm and optimism...makes me wish Kayden could go back to his school! :)

Robyn  – (April 18, 2010 at 9:47 PM)  

We had that here too, but I could never remember what day was which and I just didn't want her playing outside in the sand in her pjs for some odd reason. They had a field trip to the childrens' museum and like TT, I am told Maggie was up and at em ready to take her lunch, whenever she gets to use her lunch box it is a BIG day.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP