Yesterday's Post

So yesterday's title "David 3, Thomas 2", do you have any guesses what that score indicates?

Combined it equals five.

And it means that Thomas Trouble is catching up to Mr. Mean.

It's my emergency room visit score card!

Yes indeed there has been another trip to the emergency room. That's 5 times in a just under 14 months.

This most recent trip, on Tuesday night, was for a corneal abrasion in Thomas Trouble's right eye. He poked himself in the eye sometime between 7:00 and 7:30pm. I was out running an errand and I came home to find him holding a wet paper towel to it. Once I got him to remove the paper towel so I could have a look, I kind of had a feeling it was a real good poke. He had stopped crying though and seemed fine so I didn't think too much else of it.

Until he woke up screaming bloody murder at 10:15!

Had it been July or August, and had our windows been open, I'm confident our neighbors would have called to find out what in creation was going on. His screams were that loud and I was having a hell of a time getting him to stop.

We called the pediatrician to see if there was something we could give him to comfort him to get him through the night so we could avoid the ER. But no such luck. She though he should be seen.

So off we went at about 10:45pm.

I'm not going to tell you all about how while in triage he was instantly better for a few minutes and that when I asked him "Thomas, is your eye all better?" he responded with "Yeah Mom, I tricked you!" (um, yeah, I was ready to kill him at that moment!)

Long story short, after they put the dye in his eye and looked at it under the special lights, it was quite evident that he had a pretty big corneal abrasion. Without the light, you could see the scratch on the white of his eye. With the light, you could see that the abrasion went from the white of his eye well into his cornea. They sent us home at 1:30am with a script for antibiotic ointment.

If you ask TT about his trip to the hospital he'll most likely tell you that.......
1. it was a different hospital than where Mama got David.
2. he got to wear a bracelet with his name on it so that everyone would know his name.
3. that he needs to wear his bracelet to school because some of the kids need to know his name so they stop calling him Tommy. (He will correct you if you call him Tommy, by the way!)
4. he got wrapped up like a mummy (Yeah, they had to wrap him in a sheet like a straight jacked so he would let them look in his eye.)
5. they used a really special light.

All I can say is Thank God I didn't not have to bring Mr. Mean to the ER after we took a little dixie! Because if I had to have gone there two nights in a row, I would have been mortified!

Life with boys, it's never dull!

Is it Friday yet?

Anonymous –   – (April 29, 2010 at 2:56 PM)  

Oh no! I can't even imagine how painful that must be! I love TT's analysis/recap of his 'adventure' and hope he is on the mend soon!

Robyn  – (April 29, 2010 at 3:59 PM)  

Hope it heals up soon. It is funny sometimes what they take away from adventures.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (May 1, 2010 at 5:57 PM)  

Oh no! How scary! An injury to the eye is very scary indeed! I hope it heals very soon!

Jen  – (May 1, 2010 at 8:32 PM)  

You are having a rough week! Emergency rooms are no fun. Hope things are uneventful for a while!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP