Are we there yet?

These are a few outbursts from his bed last week..........

Last Wednesday night: "I'm just so angry about this!" (He had lost a piece of a toy and we couldn't find it.)

Last Thursday night: "I'm just so excited to go to Maine!"

Internet, some one's got a grasp on his feelings!

And because his feelings and emotions seem to get the best of him lately, I've put a new rule into place in our house.

Under no circumstances will we tell Thomas Trouble that we are going to Maine UNTIL it's time to depart.

Telling you that he was jumping out of his skin would be an understatement. He knew we were going to Maine last week but he hadn't yet grasped when. It wasn't until Thursday morning that it finally clicked that when he woke up tomorrow, he would be going to Maine.

I'm pretty sure that every person he came in contact with on Thursday knew he was going to Maine.

When I picked him up Thursday afternoon, his teacher told me he gave her a full itinerary of things he would be doing while he was in Maine. I was a little nervous that maybe Maine wouldn't live up to all of his expectations.

How silly of me to have doubted that.

When we were getting ready to leave Friday morning, he went out and strapped himself in his car seat 30 minutes before we left. He just sat there......and waited. He temporarily freaked when he realized that we had to make three stops before we got on the highway........before his movie could start. He temporarily freaked again when we finally did get to Maine but had to stop at the grocery store first.

Internet, he just wanted to be in Maine.

And you know what Internet, I know what his excitement is like. I grew up vacationing in the summer in Maine. I remember the excitement and anticipation. I remember when summer vacation would come around and I could start to look forward to our week in Maine.

I can't tell you how happy it makes me that he gets to experience this too!

Robyn  – (June 25, 2010 at 4:55 PM)  

Maggie is the same way. If she knows she has a field trip for "school" she wants her lunch packed for it asap.

Jen  – (July 16, 2010 at 11:01 AM)  

I love the picture of them in the pool! I am going to add you to my list, so I don't get so behind again.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP