Checking on them

"Mama, you gonna check on me?" asks Thomas Trouble every night when I put him to bed.

For him it's comfort and security. For me........it's peace.

I check on them both every night before I go to bed. Probably like most of you do with your children. Sometimes I stand in their rooms for just a second and other times I stand there for minutes. Sometimes I even have to call Einstein to come in too, if they are in a funny position or if they just happen to look too cute not to share.

It's so peaceful to watch them sleep. The 2 hour battle with Thomas Trouble of him asking "can I stay up later?" is over. Mr. Mean is no longer a walking tornado stirring up messes behind me. I'm no longer a raging lunatic trying to get them fed, bathed, and settled. It's all gone when they are sleeping. Their lives are so simple. And their sleep is so deep.

No matter how short or how long I stand there though, I still wonder to myself the same questions........

How did I get here and am I really this lucky enough to be able to call them mine?

You'd think, after doing this for three and a half years, that I'd finally realize my biggest dream has become a reality.

Leslie Collins  – (June 9, 2010 at 2:43 PM)  

oh, the baby booty. :)

this post hits so close to home. :)

Brooke  – (June 9, 2010 at 11:29 PM)  

I check on my little guys every night too. I just have to see their sweet little faces and watch their chest rise and fall a few times before I can call it a night!
Great post :D

Jen  – (June 10, 2010 at 8:04 AM)  

I have moments like that, where I am just overwhelmed with appreciation for how lucky I am. Hopefully, we will always feel that way, even when our boys turn into men.

Mrs4444  – (June 11, 2010 at 8:51 PM)  

Awwww...I love the bottom-up sleep position (of kids, haha.) I can relate, and it never gets old...

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (June 15, 2010 at 10:34 PM)  

I wonder every single night how I got so lucky! Love those little baby feet of Mr. Mean! I wish I lived closer to you, my camera would love those little cheeks and feet!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (June 15, 2010 at 10:35 PM)  

Like your sister's camera doesn't love them already!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP