A mini vacation that was meant to be

I rarely leave my kids overnight anywhere. In fact, I think the last time I left Thomas Trouble to sleep away from us was the night before Mr. Mean got his ear tubes put in back in February. I left him because I needed to leave him.

As much as I often crave a break from them, the second they leave the door without me, I miss them. Terribly.

Thomas got invited for a night at Gramma's house Sunday. It was a surprise invite that swept him off his feet.

Then he got a second invite to stay at William's house last night.

Last night TT and William had a conversation that went something like this....

W: Mum can Thomas sleep over for 5 days?
T: No way William, I will miss my family!
W: Oh man!
T: Don't worry William, we will have more sleepovers! This was the funnest day ever!

I love them together and as much as I hate leaving him for even a night (or two), it's been good for him and he's most certainly been having a blast!

Einstein, Mr. Mean and I went out last night to run an errand. It was strange to be out......just the three of us. We stopped at our first house for a second and I randomly walked to the backyard and saw this..........I had forgotten that we put Thomas Trouble's prints in that step.

That house doesn't look loved anymore.

But that step with those footprints......it speaks volumes of love that was once there.

Had Thomas Trouble not gone on his mini vacation this week, I don't think I would have gone for that ride to Norwood. And then I wouldn't have seen the step.

It's funny how things happen for a reason. I always try to believe this, and it's kind of nice when it really does turn out that way.

I needed to see that step last night. And I'm so glad I did!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (July 13, 2010 at 9:18 AM)  

That step is just so sweet! I love it!

And I loved this post! Your Thomas is such a sweetheart!

(By the way, Superman or Iron Man is the kid's fave Superhero. Just let me know a cost on Facebook.)

Jen  – (July 16, 2010 at 10:54 AM)  

Sweet! I'm glad he got to have fun on the sleepover and that you saw that step.

For some reason (I hated the neighborhood), I have NO desire to go back to my old house.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP