Woof Woof

Internet, my niece and two nephews are in for the surprise of their life today and I am so excited for them!

If you're reading this and you don't know Abby, let me fill you in.......

She's obsessed with dogs.

There. You are filled in now.

Today they are bringing home a puppy.

And I can't help but feel so so excited for just her alone. Why? Because I was once her.

(And Mom, if you are reading this.........I don't hold it against you that you never got me MY dog. MY golden lab named Zoe. I bet you never knew I named her, huh? Trust me, you guys gave me lots of other things that I am extremely grateful for even though one of them wasn't a puppy!)

Ever since I was little I have wanted a puppy. A real puppy.......like right from his mamma puppy. I can remember walking around my house on all fours pretending to be a dog. I never got out of the bathtub and shook my fur like a dog to dry off.....like I know a certain little curly blonde once did. (Okay, so perhaps she is a little more obsessed than me!)

My point is........I can relate. And I can feel the excitement. And I know that some day I will get my puppy too.

And yes, I do love the Norminator. He's not really the dog I wanted but I have grown to love him and all of his retarded quirks. (Hey, I have retarded quirks too!)

Abby, I hope some day when you are bigger, you'll realize how lucky of a little girl you were!

Jen  – (July 16, 2010 at 10:51 AM)  

How am I this far behind in reading your posts?! Sorry about that.

I remember when I got my first dog - for my 7th birthday. I was thrilled! Now that I know how much work a dog is, I don't want one at all.

Anonymous –   – (July 17, 2010 at 5:46 PM)  

My puppy has learned to pull up the carpet at the corner and rip out pieces of the rug pad to play with! You definitely need to be a kid to appreciate the fun of a puppy. As we get older we obsess too much on the annoyance!!

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP