Another difference

Internet, my boys are so different in the morning. Different, as in the way they wake up and get moving is different from each other.

When Mr. Mean wakes up his feet are going before he even hits the floor. And once they do hit the floor, they usually take off down the hall. He wants his breakfast 3 minutes ago. Yes, we can never get him in the high chair fast enough!

When Thomas Trouble wakes up, it's a long drawn out process. He slowly makes his way to the couch telling us 345 gazillion times that he's cold. "I'm cold so bad!" he usually says. Once on the couch he needs 2 blankets.......one to sit on because the leather couch is "cold so bad!" and one to put on him. (I seriously have no clue where this comes from!) Breakfast is the furthest thing from his mind unless he knows it's a Dunkin Donuts morning!

On this past Monday morning, the scenario above was played out. Mr. Mean had his breakfast immediately. He also made a ridiculous mess that required me to strip him. TT lounged on the couch under his two blankets until he was hungry enough to want breakfast. Then he made his way over to the island, with his blankets, to have his breakfast. Notice the long two piece pajamas he's wearing under those blankets!
One's a furnace and one's an igloo! Love 'em both to pieces though!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (October 14, 2010 at 12:45 PM)  

Jonathan is always cold in the morning too. Drama I tell you!

he wakes right up though...He's awake and boom he is moving. I'm more like Thomas.

Hey, I'm back online, but my feed is updating. No idea why. Hope to see you around the blog world too.

Anonymous –   – (October 14, 2010 at 12:52 PM)  

Doesn't it just blow your mind that they have the same parents?! My 3 are more alike than not, but the ways they are different are SO different! C.ooper is a total I-need-a-blanket kid and B.riar would live her life naked if I let her! M.aren is the happy medium. Love it!

Jen  – (October 14, 2010 at 5:13 PM)  

I would LOVE Mr Mean's method! I am a "let's eat!", jump out of bed and start moving person, and my son is NOT. Getting him out of his diaper and down the stairs to have breakfast is a battle every morning, and on school days I feel like I'm running through quicksand.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP