Pillow Talk

Internet, I think I've told you all before about how I love to talk to Thomas Trouble when he's laying in bed at night.

At four years old, he tells me EVERYTHING.

I know this won't always be the case. And I know at some point in the future they'll be a "keep out" sign on his bedroom door. But right now, I'm inhaling it while I can.

A few nights ago I was laying on his spare bed and he was tucked into his own. He started talking...........

Let me first tell you that he likes to talk about two things.

When he was a baby.
or
When he's a grown up.

This particular night, we were talking about when he is a grown up.

He started off my saying "Mama, I'll still visit you when I'm grown up. But I'm going to live in a different house with a different family."

Me: "I hope you'll come visit and have dinner with us."
T: "I will but then I'll have go to home."
Me: "Will you really have to leave?"
T: "Yes because I'll be a grown up."
Me: "What are you going to do for work?"
T: "I don't know. Be a struction worker."
T: "Maybe I won't work."
Me: "You'll have to work."
T: "Why?"
Me: "Because you'll need money."
T: "Why do I need money?"
Me: "You'll need money to take care of your house and to buy food so you can eat dinner every night."
T: "Mama, I'm not going to leave when I'm a grown up. I'm going to stay in this house."

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (December 26, 2010 at 9:31 PM)  

He is a total doll...today Jonathan said he wants us to have another baby but they will have to live in the dog house with the puppies he also wants. He was gracious enough to say they could come in during the day...his siblings, not the puppies...I think. Weird thing is, is that not even our dog lives in a dog house.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP