Promoting the wrong skillz

Oh Internet, last night I had a vision.

It wasn't a good one.

And before I get to it, let me confess.

Yes, Mr. Mean will be two years old in one month and one day and he STILL has a bottle every night.

Don't judge.

He use to like to be held like a complete baby laying back drifting in and out of it with his blankie by his face and slowly drink his bottle. It was so soothing for him. We could instantly put him in to bed and not hear from him until morning.

Now........well, that bottle is sort of like crack to him.

It's kind of like he needs the fix but wants no part of being held like a baby and most certainly doesn't want to go right to bed.

But last night I noticed something else and I finally think it's time to pull the plug.

You guys, the vision I had, was of him in college shot-gunning a beer.

Just what every parent wants to see their child do, right?

Last night he stood there, in the middle of the living room and chugged that bottle dry. While he didn't do it as quickly as if he were actually shot-gunning a beer.....HE NEVER ONCE CAME UP FOR AIR!

Yup, I think it's time. And while I know he will miss it, I think my heart might twinge every time I hear "where's my bottle!" which I've come to enjoy hearing from him.

My baby's growing up.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings  – (February 8, 2011 at 7:37 PM)  

Yeah, guess which vision I had when my kid was still nursing waaay past six months. OK. Yeah...uh...moving on now. :-)

Robyn  – (February 9, 2011 at 4:48 PM)  

No way I'm judging, my kid still sleeps in my bed. Although there is hope she slept 90% of the night last night in hers.

Anonymous –   – (February 11, 2011 at 12:02 AM)  

After taking the binky away from B.riar last week, I say let him keep it! And not just because of the drama that will ensue . . . it is that last little bit of baby, and I had no idea how much not seeing her running around with a plug in her mouth would break my heart.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP