Glasses

Today I took Thomas Trouble and Mr. Mean for a little Dunkies breakfast date. They thought it was pretty cool sitting inside.

Nearly everyone that we encountered snickered at as though. Why?


Well, because Thomas insisted on wearing his fake glasses. The ones that have eyebrows.

It is nearly 9pm now and he's laying in my bed....STILL WEARING THE GLASSES!

Along with wearing them, he's made me call him Simon all day. You know, from Alvin and the Chipmunks - his most recent obsession!

The best part, is when he takes the glasses off and winces/squints. He really does look like a person that needs glasses! And after looking at them all day long, they've grown on me and I think he looks absolutely adorable in them. Eyebrows and all!

I told one woman in Dunkies this morning that making him leave them at home was one battle I didn't think was worth fighting. As with everything I counter lately from the fingerprints EVERYWHERE throughout my house to him wearing the fake glasses.........none of it really seems to bother me. Sure, I could do without the fighting and whining that goes on daily. But the other stuff.......it rolls right off my back. There have been little things happening lately....gentle reminders that time is moving way to quickly. And I will miss this all some day.

Even the fingerprints.

Robyn  – (October 11, 2011 at 11:06 PM)  

lol, the glasses crack me up. though, yes sometimes it isn't worth the fight which is why we are sometimes seen around town with someone wearing a princess dress.

Kim Airhart  – (October 12, 2011 at 8:38 PM)  

What a little cutie pie. I wish that I could Jake to love his glasses. He's getting better but he has days where he will toss them in the yard and I have to hunt all over for them.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP