Regression

Internet, want to know what I've done all weekend?

I've avoided stepping on a whittle crawling "baby".

Huh? you ask.

Yeah. You read that right.

This all started over the past two weeks when we've reverted to the use of bibs with David. He's always been a fairly neat eater however there's one thing that seems to get him, or us, every time.

Syrup.

The routine in our house is to dress the kids in the morning BEFORE breakfast. I know, sounds a little ridiculous but I usually leave when breakfast is being served and, well, I'm the one who dresses them. Whatever. It works for us..........when syrup is not involved.

So after too many outfit changes in a half hour's time, bibs it is.

Little did I know the impact a simple bib would have beyond the big boy high chair.

Apparently bibs in our house mean that once wearing one, you can then crawl on the floor, lose all vocabulary, and make fake baby noises as if you were an eight month old.

Wait.

Add drooling to that list too.

Let me tell you, a 30 lb., drooling, crawling, eight month old, I mean 2.5 year old, is a site to be seen and hazardous to your feet!

I'm not really sure where this is all coming from but it's a bit ridiculous!

This morning I put my foot down and told him "David, you are a toddler!" And then he went hysterical. I refused to put the bib on him to which he replied "I'll get another one." Smartass.

I think I'm just going to ignore him.

Kim Airhart  – (October 17, 2011 at 9:15 PM)  

It's probably not funny to you but it's really a funny story.

Post a Comment

Stained glass flowers from freedigitalscrapbooking.com
Banner pictures from Amy Kelly Photography

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP